9n Removing Front Bumper

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Post by yorks GT TDI »

the sensor in the pic is for the out side temp air bag sensors are in side the car
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

X1_NBP wrote:hi all, i tried the link it isnt working :?

anywhoo, isnt it possible to just remove the bottom grill or would i have to take the whole bumper off to do that?
Link working again. Was on holiday so I switched off the particular PC that has that on it.

Ah well that solves the mystery to what that is attatched to the bumper, cheers Yorks 8)
X1_NBP
Getting There!

Post by X1_NBP »

okay how long would it take a amature like me who hasnt really done anythin like this b4 to remove the bumper....and if i was to put a led behind the centre lower grill would i be able to take it up towards the engine from down there....

thanks
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

I'm the amature that created the document... it took me rougly half an hour to get it off and get it on again in total. Had tools to hand though. It's really not that hard to do :)

Bit confused about you question about the LED's you plan to put in. :?
X1_NBP
Getting There!

Post by X1_NBP »

SiDaBa wrote:I'm the amature that created the document... it took me rougly half an hour to get it off and get it on again in total. Had tools to hand though. It's really not that hard to do :)

lol ye about that LED light...i just want to place on behind the lower centre grill for that "glowy"...i want to wire it up to the back of my headunit so i was wondering if i could get the wire from the LED tube to the engine area so i can feed it into the car( like a amp wire would be fed into a car from the battery through that hole in the passenger footwel)

what you think of the LED idea...i been told im tryin to "chav" my car up but i think it will look cool..
X1_NBP
Getting There!

Post by X1_NBP »

SiDaBa wrote:I'm the amature that created the document... it took me rougly half an hour to get it off and get it on again in total. Had tools to hand though. It's really not that hard to do :)

lol ye about that LED light...i just want to place on behind the lower centre grill for that "glowy"...i want to wire it up to the back of my headunit so i was wondering if i could get the wire from the LED tube to the engine area so i can feed it into the car( like a amp wire would be fed into a car from the battery through that hole in the passenger footwel)

what you think of the LED idea...i been told im tryin to "chav" my car up but i think it will look cool..
X1_NBP
Getting There!

Post by X1_NBP »

SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

Well you've answered your own question about feeding the wires in to the car for the LED, I'm sure it'd work.

About the LED... well it all comes down to personal opinion. My opinions vary greatly, i'd perhaps agree you were trying to "chav" up your car. However I agree more stongly that everybody has there own ideas and with out this you wouldn't get individuality. But another factor is i've got no idea what your polo looks like to give my very own specific opinion :)

Give it ago, see what you think, if you don't like it you can change it at the end of the day :wink:
stig247
Getting There!

Post by stig247 »

there is also two extra screws if you have headlight washers like mine. you have to pull the washer out of the bumper and there is one screw on each side
IansMusical
New

Post by IansMusical »

Hi,

The link to the front bumper removal PDF isn't working, can you fix it or is the document located somewhere else?

Thanks,

Ian
MeTsU
Bronze Member

Post by MeTsU »

IansMusical wrote:Hi,

The link to the front bumper removal PDF isn't working, can you fix it or is the document located somewhere else?

Thanks,

Ian
Yea, :( link not working. :( Any help with the PDF would be greatly appreciated, as I can't find the copy I had on my HDD. :(

Thanks, Matt (South Africa).
meeky
Bronze Member

Post by meeky »

link doesn't seem to be working
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Anybody got a new link for this guide please. Link still isn't working and i really could do with having a look over how to do this. :D Cheers
chirag1988
New

Re: 9n Removing Front Bumper

Post by chirag1988 »

Hi, i'm looking to give this a try tomorrow morning to see if its any easier to change the sidelights to LEDs and maybe fit in Angel Eyes in the future...the PDF link isn't working anymore though, could it be re-uploaded or someone email it to me please? chirag_1988@hotmail.com thanks! :D