[Polo 6N] Always-on power windows

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Just a simple 2 minutes mod, at hardly any cost. Direct any praise to Christian6N.

Download the PDF file for offline reference and printing.

Also, get the reader if you don't have it already:

ximon
New

alternative always on windows

Post by ximon »

alternatively if there arent any local vw dealerships around you could also use two spade connectors with a wire link between them, make sure to sure heavy enough wire for the job. :D
hedgehogharvey
Bronze Member

Post by hedgehogharvey »

would this work on the mk5 gti?
Andyo33
New

Post by Andyo33 »

or how about a mk 2 Ibiza (99 v reg 1.4s)?
Andyo33
New

Post by Andyo33 »

or how about a mk 2 Ibiza (99 v reg 1.4s)?
ximon
New

Post by ximon »

yeh, should work in all cars providing u have a relay that disconnects the supply when the cars turned off. check then pinout on the relay u remove and just short out the switching contacts (pins 30 & 87)
antonio_king
New

Post by antonio_king »

where the hell can I find that part?!

823 941 817 a

searched everywhere.. someone help me! please?
sum1's dad
New

Post by sum1's dad »

i no this is a old post SORRY but if u cant find this part then u can just use a slipt-pin, a hair clip, a paper clip or any other conducting item that will fit into the 2 holes :!: hope this helps :D

P.S sorry bout bringing up an old post :oops:
tomadomeit
New

Post by tomadomeit »

just looked to find where this was cant find those relays. Is it supposed to be under the steering wheel near the fuse box? I found loads of fuses but no relays. This guide doesnt actually tell you. Or im just stuipid either way can someone elaborate....
SteveB
Silver Member

Post by SteveB »

The relays are above the fuses, which yes are below the steering wheel. They are the square plastic things with numbers written on if you're not sure. I can take a pic if you like.
polo_gypsie
New

Post by polo_gypsie »

yeh tomadmiet (sorry if thats not right! got a s**t memory! :o ) yeah the relays are behing the fuses probably then, as mine are. still trying to work out from that diagram how i might do it with a clip i found on the floor :D you just need one of them gay star bolt things to take the fuse rack out -

(here comes the b***h about s**t info!)
on that note of gay star bolts please let me say that if n e 1 tells you that you have to take the front bumper off to change your head lights over, just slap them in the face! i spent a good couple of hours undoing my bumper basically in the dark (no garage!) on the street with only the aid of my light on my fone cos the maidstone council are a bunch of tight Kunts and wont dish out money for proper street lights! when all i needed to do is hold the star allen key thingy with a pair of pliers to get the extra length to reach the bottom bolt !!!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

polo_gypsie wrote:yyou just need one of them gay star bolt things to take the fuse rack out
hehe so original, but oh so true :P
Sam3352
New

Post by Sam3352 »

Dont go poking paper clips in there!

I tried this yesterday and the paper clip vaporised and welded a bit of it to my pliers, glad it wasnt my hand lol

Dont know whether it was the wrong hole or i touched something else, i just blew out the little flame that caught on the foam and plugged in the 53 relay, tested it (yeah everything still works) and went to do something else. lol

Im pretty sure it was the right hole, printed out the picture and looked at it next to mine (mine is a 6n 1998, and the relays are in a line/row, directly behind the fuse box which was a pain to get out the way :roll: and number 53 is to the right, ill add a picture and maybe someone can help me lol

nice guide anyway :!:
DanOliver
Silver Member

Post by DanOliver »

polo_gypsie wrote:i spent a good couple of hours undoing my bumper basically in the dark (no garage!) on the street with only the aid of my light on my fone cos the maidstone council are a bunch of tight Kunts and wont dish out money for proper street lights!
Is maidstone one of the councils that are recently switching them off at midnight? or do you just have none?