6N2 Gti - Sidelight replacement (without taking bumper off)

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
HD9POLOGTi
Bronze Member

Post by HD9POLOGTi »

wulee wrote:Read this great guide some years ago and now again as sidelight broken lately.

Successful on the battery side. But caught by the intake hose on the other side.

Is there any trick to remove the intake hose? or just brute force?

The hose seems very difficult to detached from the panel on the side of the wing.

Thanks.
Andrew

I didnt actually take the intake hose of the panel i took it off the engine cover and carefully wedged it to a side or worse comes to worse should just come off with bit of brute force

Hope this helps try first method before yanking it off as its a b*****d geting it back :)
nigelelliott394
Gold Member

Post by nigelelliott394 »

Excellent guide... Very useful for replacing headlight bulbs without removing the bumper.
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Re: 6N2 Gti - Sidelight replacement (without taking bumper o

Post by Aquavalver »

Getting totally disheartened trying to do anything to this! Last weekend, I couldn't pull the door panels off to change the grab handles, now today I went to do what I thought would be a simple job of swapping the front indicator bulbs over and had a hell of a job pulling it out which was like a tug of war! In doing so I marked the paintwork on the bumper under the indicator and broke the bottom lug off the indicator housing! :evil: And I still couldn't pull it out enough to swap the bulb over! :roll: What am I doing wrong?! I could do anything so easily on my mk.2 Golf and could have swapped the front indicator bulbs over in a couple of minutes!