Painting calipers?

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
nazzurro19
New

Re: Painting calipers?

Post by nazzurro19 »

i painted my callipers and carriers just gave em a clean to remove any dust,grit and greasey substances went to halfords bought royal blue hammerite and painted them with a brush wallah all done in 5 mins and looks brilliant pics up on my polo mkV thread wednesday if anyone wants to have a look
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

So do you have to use primer when doing this?? Even if you're wanting to do them a different colour to what they are now..??
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

emma_88 wrote:So do you have to use primer when doing this?? Even if you're wanting to do them a different colour to what they are now..??
Emma don't worry about prmier with yours, red hammerite or halfords caliper paint will go on yours nicely.
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

That's the thing though Tim, I don't think I want them red any more.. Maybe a lighter colour. So I will have to use primer eh??
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

emma_88 wrote:That's the thing though Tim, I don't think I want them red any more.. Maybe a lighter colour. So I will have to use primer eh??
Ah i see, green? I'd use a grey primer then, after stripping them down and cleaning them up as best you can.
nazzurro19
New

Post by nazzurro19 »

me n my mate dint bother we just took off all the flaky red paint from the original red colour and painted straight over one coat and they have been pressure washed and they still fine no fading no paint chips,flakes nothing and still look brill