Please can anyone help - faulty door lock

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
xvikkix
New

Please can anyone help - faulty door lock

Post by xvikkix »

Hello, I have a 2002 1.4 Polo Match, I have joined the forum hoping to get some advise.

Yesterday my driver door decided it would not lock with my key anymore, it will unlock from the driver side, and lock from the passenger side, but the key will not turn to lock the door on the driver side. When I am sat inside the car with the door shut, the electric lock button will lock both doors, but when I open the driver door and press the electric lock button from inside, again it does not work.

I was hoping someone may know what the problem is?

I have never had a battery for my key fob so always lock the door manually, I was hoping someone might also know what size battery I need for my key fob so I can see whether it locks when using the key fob. I am just about to buy a house and have absolutely no budget to get my car to a dealership at the moment, so any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

Its a common problem as Polo's get older! :lol:

Is the mechanism stiff to use, or just go round & round? If so,have a look at this repair item on Ebay which should cure your locking ailments. :D
xvikkix
New

Post by xvikkix »

Thank you so much for your reply, just about to have a look at that link.

They key will turn right to unlock the car, but the key wont turn left to lock the car. grrr :shock:

Is this repair kit easy? Say for a women who knows nothiing about cars :wink:
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

xvikkix wrote:Thank you so much for your reply, just about to have a look at that link.

They key will turn right to unlock the car, but the key wont turn left to lock the car. grrr :shock:

Is this repair kit easy? Say for a women who knows nothiing about cars :wink:
Err! Now you're asking! :lol: Havn't fitted one myself, although shouldn't be to difficult as long as you take your time & are patient! :wink:

Just a quick note for you, put your questions in the mkV (mk5) forum, thats what your polo is (or also called a6n2!). As you'll get a quicker response from there. :D
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

Forgot to say:
Welcome to the Forum!. :D ....... :lol:
xvikkix
New

Post by xvikkix »

Oh thanks I had no idea thats what my car was called - Now i am really showing how little I know :oops:

Thank you again for your help, very glad i joined here to get advise from people that do know what they are talking about, oh and people who dont try and rip me off (i.e my local dealer) :lol:
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

xvikkix wrote:Oh thanks I had no idea thats what my car was called - Now i am really showing how little I know :oops:

Thank you again for your help, very glad i joined here to get advise from people that do know what they are talking about, oh and people who dont try and rip me off (i.e my local dealer) :lol:
We all start somewhere! Everyone is helpful on here & you'll find an answer will arrive to any question you want, just not this weeks lottery numbers! :lol:

Hope you enjoy the site & hang around. :D
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

If its a 2002, theres a good chance its a 9N or MKVI lol al ;)
randomage
Silver Member

Post by randomage »

Ive got a similar problem with my 98 6n. my drivers side door will lock, but when i turn the key to unlock it, it turns 90 degrees but doesnt engage anything... passengers side works fine. anybody know how to fix/repair it?
chrisfoster1971
New

Re: Please can anyone help - faulty door lock

Post by chrisfoster1971 »

Just ordered the repair kit of Autlockz on ebay. Will let you know how I get on with the repair.

Thanks for the information.

Much cheaper than a closure alarm :lol: