6n2 fog light

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
tnyello
New

6n2 fog light

Post by tnyello »

Hey, ive just brought some fog lights and grille for my original 6n2. ive checked out the tutorials and have installed it in my car and plug in the wire from my car to the fogs. BUT i don't seem to get it to work? can someone help!
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Re: 6n2 fog light

Post by Polo96CL »

Obvious solution is to check there are no splits or slices out of the fog light loom. If not, check that you are turning the fogs on right (pulling the switch out on normal beam will only activate rear fog) IIRC.

Daz
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

not sure on this (As I've never read the guide or done it). But you may have to insert a fuse on the board?
tnyello
New

Post by tnyello »

am still confuse.. there is no problem with the wiring..
tnyello
New

Post by tnyello »

ive found the fuse box.. there are aload of fuse which i don't kno xD
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

tnyello wrote:ive found the fuse box.. there are aload of fuse which i don't kno xD
Have a look in the manual, it gives you reference to what each of the pictures mean on the card. find the correct fuse for the front foglights, there should be a fuse missing here. Just buy one and pop it in. If the fuse doesn't share any other features then I'd assume it would just take a 10A.

This all may not be the case however, as I've never done the process so don't know. the fogs may well run off a seperate already in use fuse. It's just an educated guess.
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

I think we've diagnosed the issue Tim, it seems he doesn't have a fog light capability on his switch so there for no chance of turning them on. Can you recommend a new compatable switch?
tnyello
New

Post by tnyello »

ive brought the switch on ebay ! jst hope when it come and i plug it in it will work!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh you can buy any 6N2 one that has fog selection!
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

Polo96CL wrote:I think we've diagnosed the issue Tim, it seems he doesn't have a fog light capability on his switch so there for no chance of turning them on. Can you recommend a new compatable switch?
thats the problem i was thinking when he said about getting the fog lights and grill.... cause he didnt say n e thing about getting a new switch so was gonna ask if he did but looks like its done.