remote boot pop guide

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
AWESOMEAUTOMOTIVE
New

remote boot pop guide

Post by AWESOMEAUTOMOTIVE »

right thought i would finish my daughters polo today
so fitted the boot pop
here is a quick install guide
first off there are several ways to do this but this way is done from an alarm accessory output
i will explain a couple of other ways to connect it later

first of all run 1 cable from the front of the car to the boot area
to get the cable up to the boot lid i removed the grommet on the drivers side and pushed a wire coat hanger down this
it comes out beside the drivers tailight you can just make out the end resting on the black polestyrene trim
when here tape your pre run cable to the end of the coat hanger by the light then gently pull it through till it comes out of the grommet hole
cut a small hole in the grommet and pass the cable through it making sure the grommet is the correct way out
next remove the grommet in the tailgate and make a hole in this pass the coat hanger and the attached cable through this grommet again making sure the grommet is the correct way out
when this is done get the tip of your coat hanger and bend the end into a tight loop this will help to get the coathanger up into the tailgate
when you push it up it will go up as far as it can then look into the tailgate and you should ba able to see the end(this is where an extra coathanger would be handy)
get another coathanger and bend a u shape into the end and push this into the area where the coat hanger is this will be able to hook over the coathanger and enable you to pull it though
when the cable is pulled all the way through you can refit the grommets you will see i have taped it up in black tape to make it a bit more discrete
next you can fit the motor for this you can use either a boot pop solenoid or a central locking motor (as i have)
when wiring the solenoid you need to use the blue and green wires only if you have a 2 wire motor it will only have these if you have a 5 wire one these are still the only 2 you need
extend the blue wire from the motor so it will connect to the brown(earth wire )on the rear wiper motor (solder it and tape it up)
next get the wire you have run up into the tailgate and connect this to the green wire
next you need to bend the rod on the motor this needs to be bent in several angles but needs to be kept in a straight line if you get my drift
you can see where the clamp has been fitted onto the boot lock rod
to connect it at the front all you need is a permanent 12v+supply and a momentary switch (acailable from any decent electrical retailer)
connect one side of this to 12v then the other side connects to the wire you ran to the back

THATS IT!!!
if you have a boot pop solenoid connect it pretty much the same way but connect the black wire from the boot pop to the brown at the motor
if you are wiring it from and alarm then you will need to fit a 4 pin relay (i can supply the diagram for this)
you can do it with out running any cables by connecting the green from the motor to the green black at the rear wiper motor but if you do this then the ignition will need to be on and you would have to push the rear wash wipe twice once to activate it and then again to stop it as the wash wipe is on a timer relay and would keep activating the boot pop otherwise
on another note it is NOT possible to connect it to work as central locking as there is physically no way of connecting it
however the way i have shown it done does enable you to open the boot without ever having to unlock it
here is a video of it in action
hope you find this helpful
any questions please feel free to ask

ken
juice_josh
New

Re: remote boot pop guide

Post by juice_josh »

is this with your central locking kit you got? if so where did you buy it from buddy?
juice_josh
New

Re: remote boot pop guide

Post by juice_josh »

:?: :)