Removing Front Seats

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
charliec125
Getting There!

Removing Front Seats

Post by charliec125 »

Does anyone know how to remove the front seats of a mk5 (6n2).
Im trying to put new seats in and am struggling!!
Please help.
Sutch
Bronze Member

Re: Removing Front Seats

Post by Sutch »

I tried PM'ing you my reply but it keeps going to outbox not sent :s

I'm not sure how much sense I make, but in reply to the PM.

Hi mate,

I'll try and be as helpful as possible!

Right, starting with taking your old seats out!

-Slide the seats fully forward
-Look at the runners on the floor at the back, behind the front seats and take off the plastic caps
-Next step it then undo the little bolt that is at the front of the seat (near the handle you use to slide it)
-So you should have 2 plastic covers and a little bolt, stick them to one side
-Now carefully sit in the seat and slide it as far back as possible
-Now you've taken the bolt out it'l keep sliding back and come off the runners
-You should now be able to lift it out, may need to push it back and wiggle it a bit, but should all make sense when you are looking at it.

Both Drivers seats are exactly the same, I'm rubbish and describing, but hopefully that may help a lil bit?

Putting aftermarket seats in is done by different people in different ways, you should be able to just buy some OMP or other aftermarket subframes to fit the Polo, and bolt the TT seats to these!

But mine have the original polo runners welded down either side of the TT subframe.

The polo subframe then has bracing across the bottom so in affect making a steel square for the TT frame to sit on.

The polo subframe simply fits back in as per the way it came out, and then is fixed in place, with all movement coming from the TT subframe!

I'm pretty sure reading back through that it may not make sense to yourself, so I will try and get some pictures to show you in more detail as that is the easiest method!

Ed