FITTING RECARO SEATS

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
matthewsarg
New

FITTING RECARO SEATS

Post by matthewsarg »

I have resently been given some Recaro Bucket seats from a Ford fiesta RS Turbo it was (K reg) Fiesta well i was given the actual fiesta but ive stripped it and taken all parts off it ... but anyways ...

Im being Given a Mk4 Polo 5 Door in 2 weeks ( yes i get given a lot of cars lol) and seeing as i want the polo to actually drive i want to fit these nice recaro i just wonder how the hell you get them in a polo! i understand that the recaros recline but that dont bother me. AND if its not possible what other seats can i get that will go in verry easily

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Matt
supermico
Getting There!

Re: FITTING RECARO SEATS -----@@@

Post by supermico »

You know what they say: nothing is impossible, it just costs more :mrgreen:
Jokes aside, I don't think you'll be able to fit the fiesta seats in without modifying the sliders and/or the mounts. Try looking for some golf mk2/3 recaros instead, I believe they are a bolt on job, although not as buckety as the fiesta's.
Sutch
Bronze Member

Post by Sutch »

I've got mk4 golf recaros in my 6n2 gti, relatively easy to do, my advice, get a spare set of standard polo seats, cut off the subframes on these, and then cut the polo and the other subframes down taking off any excess material, weld them together, make sure everything it straight and level new seats in your car.

Ed
matthewsarg
New

Post by matthewsarg »

Cheers lads i fixed my problem ... ie i welded the F**kers in place lol its awesome thou! just means midgets cant drive my car lol :)