disconnecting alarm

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
suite_pee
New

disconnecting alarm

Post by suite_pee »

Hi, I bought my N reg 1.6 CL a few weeks ago, and everything has been going great - until the other day when I was trying to get the car started, and the alarm went off - I turned it off with the fob, and it was fine, so I resumed trying to get the car started, when the alarm went off again. This time the lights weren't flashing, they were on permanently, and the only way I could get the alarm to stop was by disconnecting the battery. This took a bit of time, and drained the battery, so while I was trying to move the car so I could jump start it yesterday, the same thing happened again! I can't afford to take it to a garage at the moment, so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to disconnect the alarm, or at least the horn! Much appreciated!
suite_pee
New

Re: disconnecting alarm

Post by suite_pee »

Ok, so basically the problem was the battery in the remote - but I had to disconnect the alarm siren so that I could reset it - this is a small box on the right hand side under the bonnet, that you just disconnect the wires from the back of.