continental europe controls?

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
vdarosa
New

continental europe controls?

Post by vdarosa »

Hi guys,

I recently bought a 9N polo (53 reg) with no remote central locking.
I followed a guide on how to replace the convenience unit to have the above facility, however, something must be wrong because...

1) On the driver's door control, when I select the 'left mirror' I get to operate the right (and vice-versa);
2) also, when I press the switch to open the driver's window, the passenger window opens up instead (and vice-versa)...
3) I would like the ability to remote open/close windows when unlocking/locking via the remote fob (I heard this also can be done via vcds-lite, if so, can someone please provide me with instructions / the codes to do it).

Apart from the 3 points above, I manage to do it, and it's really great to have the remote facility.

I tried to Google around these issues but cannot seem to find the answer.. Would be grateful if someone could shed some light! :)

Thanks!

p.s. Forgot to mention that the convenience unit I got with the remote ability came from Germany (hence the continental europe in the title, lol).
jtmelo
New

Re: continental europe controls?

Post by jtmelo »

hi mate, on the first two points, maibe your car has the door controls switched.

when you take the door card off, you have the switchs and the connectors, maibe the cables are on the wrong side?

cheers;)