How to install 9n3 tail lights to polo 9n

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
Rubz94
New

How to install 9n3 tail lights to polo 9n

Post by Rubz94 »

I've seen this been done ,and the guide that was posted is no longer valid could anybody be able to tell me if this can be done an how !? Thanks
Jay1991
New

Re: How to install 9n3 tail lights to polo 9n

Post by Jay1991 »

you still interested in doing this mate? i searched everywhere for a guide found a few followed them but none of them worked 100%!

so i took apart the original lights, traced all the wires from the actual bulbs to the corresponding wires on the plug (on the 9n lights), made a note of the colour wire and its function, then cut off the plug leaving some wire to reconnect. put a row of block connectors the loom.

Then in the 9n3 lights i found 1,2,3,4,5,6 numbered pins on the back. followed each pin back to the bulb and labeled what each number pin did, ie: Pin no.1 = reverse. then it was just a case of matching up what colour wire did what from the original lights ( the loom of the car) and matching that up with what number pin it should be connected too. Simples!

anyways if thats too much poor explaining for you to do it yourself i can take a photo of the block connectors which shows what wires from the loom have to go where so its as simple as cut the loom and copy the colours ive done. however as i found the other guides wiring diagrams didnt work right for my 9n its possible that my one wont work for your 9n.

jago.