9N - Amp Wiring Guide (Large Images)

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
sylonien
2nd Stage Warning

9N - Amp Wiring Guide (Large Images)

Post by sylonien »

Well here is my "ghetto" style probably not very good idea on telling some people how or where to wire the power cable from the engine compartment to the interior. (This is how I did mine anyway)

Please note: I will NOT be responsible if you guys destroy your vehicles! This is a "guide". I did not force you to this is. It's your own responsiblity.

Starting with the engine compartment.

Power (positive, plus, red) lead connected to the battery terminal.

The in-line fuse holder (60amp) and in the background underneath the ECU box/chip thingy, you can see the red cable, which is the power cable and it pokes through that grommet. There is a wire already through that hole, which will save you from drilling your own, plus it's close to the battery. (Thanks SiDaBa)

A closer look at the grommet/hole.

This is the view from the inside. You will see the grommet/wire underneath the glovebox compartment. So you don't really need to remove any parts just to get the wire in to the inside. (You will obviously have to when you start wiring it to the boot).

A closer look of this.

(I have skipped the bit about taking the side trims and interior parts off to wire it cleanly from the front passenger to the back.)

Well here you can see the wire has been run along the side sills bit by removing the relevant parts and it pokes back out again on the back side panel. The cable on the right-edge corner is the power cable. The rest is just the subwoofer and remote turn on cables.

Here is a shot of all the equipments placed in the boot and set-up correctly.

The reason why the amp is facing this way is 'cos my earth cable is limited by its length and the closes earth point in the boot (what I did) was behind the medic kit bit. Just carefully pull out the carpet and you should see the point. You can hook it there.

Extra this bit, a look at the subwoofer! A JBL 12" for £49.99! :P

Anyway this is it. Hope it helped you guys and cleared up some stuff. Feel free to ask for anything.

Catch you laters. 8)
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

Very neat job, what size is the wire?
sylonien
2nd Stage Warning

Post by sylonien »

Umm err I'm not sure. 8AWG as far as I can remember. It's the one in Autoleads Amp Wiring Kit - PC-27 or somethin' like that. :P
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

thats exactly what i need!

cheers 8) :D

(maybe more q's when i actually get into the job) :lol:
Polo-03
Silver Member

Post by Polo-03 »

Ahhh!!!! Quality! After about half an hour of trying to find the "gromets" etc.. I found them. I was just about to come on here and tell you that you were takin sh1te lucky I didnt ehh! When you were feeding you wire through the hole was it a tight squeeze? Do you think you could fit anymore? Do you think I would be able to run alarm wires through this?

Cheers for the info it really helped alot.
sylonien
2nd Stage Warning

Post by sylonien »

Polo-03 wrote:Ahhh!!!! Quality! After about half an hour of trying to find the "gromets" etc.. I found them. I was just about to come on here and tell you that you were takin sh1te lucky I didnt ehh! When you were feeding you wire through the hole was it a tight squeeze? Do you think you could fit anymore? Do you think I would be able to run alarm wires through this?

Cheers for the info it really helped alot.
I'm sorry, were you having a go at me then? :cry:

Anyway, well glad it was helpful for you guys. :P

It wasn't very tight, I had to remove the previous plastic grommet though as you can probably see from the inteterior shot as it would of been impossible to feed the power cable through that little plastic ring.

The hole on the walll/barrier thingy is "quite" big. Should be able to feed some other wires through. But the question about your alarm cables, it really depends on the thickness/amount. Obviously can't fit a fist through it now, can we? :lol:

Feel free to asks anything. Goodluck guys.
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

sylonien, what wires did u run down the passenger side and driver's side of the car?
sylonien
2nd Stage Warning

Post by sylonien »

Passenger side: The power cable only to prevent interference's.

DRivers side: Nothing! :P

The middle section: The subs pre-out, remote-turn on, (and in future the rear-speakers)

I jus find it easier then dragging it to the drivers side then removing all the parts over there. Well that's jus my way of doing it anyway.
mjmills
Bronze Member

Post by mjmills »

how possible would it be to get a bose sub and amp from an Audi A3 and wire them in, therefor taking up much less boot space?
Scotty9n
Bronze Member

Re: 9N - Amp Wiring Guide (Large Images)

Post by Scotty9n »

Have you got a picture of where you put the earth i cant find a good earth on mine :?
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

I ended up drilling a small hole in my bulkhead just under the hole you used, for some reason couldn't get the wire through for the life of my. Useful guide though, I hate seeing jakey audio installed, especially runner behind the wing and through the door. :shock:
markallen
New

Post by markallen »

SNAP this is exactly how I did mine, but how you going to get to your spare wheel? Im downgrading from a 10" 1100w JBL to something smaller maybe 8" as im not that bothered about the loudness of it just want some bass and clearer crisp sound unlike the s**t that you get from the standard door speakers!