Coilover issues? Helper springs? Brakes?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
90David6n2
New
Drives: Vw Polo 6N2

Coilover issues? Helper springs? Brakes?

Post by 90David6n2 »

Hi just bought myself a polo 6n2 few months ago. Found it required new wishbones, drop links, top mounts and front brakes, so i decided to buy a set of prosport coilovers and fit them while doing all this as the arch gap is crazy big. I have never fitted coilovers before so i am unsure if i am just being stupid or not.

When fitted i counted the threads on the front coilovers and counted 14 from bottom each side, however after taking it out last night i noticed passenger side was rubbing so i took wheels back off today and raise is by another 6 each side and passenger side was still rubbing, back off and raised only the passenger side it doesn't appear to be rubbing but just concerned as unsure as to why it needs raised more than the drivers side, only difference is i was only sent 1 new top mount so i have fitted it to drivers side as it was buggered will fit new one of passenger side once arrives, surely this wouldn't cause it to be alot lower? Also seems really bouncy and it wasn't until i fitted them i realised i should have primed them before installing, will this cause a issue?

Only other thing I noticed is the fact that the front coilovers don't seem to have the helper springs and backs do, would this make a difference and also are they meant to come with them if not does anyone know if can purchase them separately? Ovbiously i know it would help them to sit in place better as its a little scary when lowering off jack and hear it jumping into position.

Have yet to do the alignment as don't want to go ahead and do it the now as no point in possibly going to be taking apart again.

Also fitted new front pads and discs to the car as the brakes felt rather non existent and discs were completely shagged, doesn't seem to have improved them that much, do you think maybe just a full bleed would help sort this out, having never owned a polo before not sure if maybe just not as good brakes as other cars I have owned.

Thanks in advance for any advice given. :D