F1 2013

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

F1 2013

Post by Wolfi »

Hi guys,
Just wondering what you guys think of the new F1 season - no doubt theres plenty of nervous Hamilton fans out there (i'm a Ferrari lad myself)
So, who really has the best car, apart from Redbull?....
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Re: F1 2013

Post by Lucaio »

Being a Ferrari fan I'm going to be biased and say the Ferrari is the best out there, but the Lotus is looking pretty good too.
My question is what the hell happened to McLaren? Not that I'm too disappointed about that....
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

I'll second that!!!
But yes, Lotus are very quick and will sure be up there all season.
Faye_Valentine
Getting There!

Post by Faye_Valentine »

Our work have a Fantasy League and my team this year are Raikkonen, Hamilton, Webber & Maldonado.

Hamilton is having a good start to the season at Mercedes and looks to have made a good move - what's with McLaren's car this season? I think I played a doozy with Kimi, he did well for me last year too. Webber is a new addition to my squad, but he's had a rough couple of races with Red Bull and I really don't think they will retain him for the 2014 season - hardly surprising though!

I definitely think had Alonso not had DRS problems in Malaysia he would have won it (or at least battled with Vettel for it)

I used to be a fan of Vettel but this season he's really shown the Schumacher side to his personality...
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

Faye_Valentine wrote:Our work have a Fantasy League and my team this year are Raikkonen, Hamilton, Webber & Maldonado.

Hamilton is having a good start to the season at Mercedes and looks to have made a good move - what's with McLaren's car this season? I think I played a doozy with Kimi, he did well for me last year too. Webber is a new addition to my squad, but he's had a rough couple of races with Red Bull and I really don't think they will retain him for the 2014 season - hardly surprising though!

I definitely think had Alonso not had DRS problems in Malaysia he would have won it (or at least battled with Vettel for it)

I used to be a fan of Vettel but this season he's really shown the Schumacher side to his personality...
Kimi is a great driver, there are rumours he may take Webbers slot in Red Bull for the 2014 season.

Was gutted when Alonso got his DRS problems, also anyone know what cause the tyre failure for Massa in Malaysia? Can't seem to find anything on it, was rather odd how the tyre just split from the sidewall.
Faye_Valentine
Getting There!

Post by Faye_Valentine »

Lucaio wrote:
Kimi is a great driver, there are rumours he may take Webbers slot in Red Bull for the 2014 season.

Was gutted when Alonso got his DRS problems, also anyone know what cause the tyre failure for Massa in Malaysia? Can't seem to find anything on it, was rather odd how the tyre just split from the sidewall.
I'm not sure about Kimi and Red Bull. Kimi is a number one driver, I can't see him agreeing to be Vettels number 2. Let's face it, Vettel is the master at Red Bull, no matter what Christian Horner might have us believe.

Have no idea what happened with Massa, but tyre issues aside I'm glad he seems to have found some of his mojo again. The first part of last season was dire for him.
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

Faye_Valentine wrote:
Lucaio wrote:

I'm not sure about Kimi and Red Bull. Kimi is a number one driver, I can't see him agreeing to be Vettels number 2. Let's face it, Vettel is the master at Red Bull, no matter what Christian Horner might have us believe.

Have no idea what happened with Massa, but tyre issues aside I'm glad he seems to have found some of his mojo again. The first part of last season was dire for him.
Valid point, Kimi wouldn't really fit in with Red Bull, but then again I don't really know what team he would fit into apart from Lotus.
Yeah I'm glad Massa is back on form too. Always been a fan of him, but since that accident he had a few years back he just seemed to have lost it.

Can't be dealing with this 2 week gap to the next race though, I want to watch it now!
Faye_Valentine
Getting There!

Post by Faye_Valentine »

Is anyone going to a Grand Prix this year?

We did Silverstone last year and even though it was mud central in the campsite, it was amazing! We hoped to do Canada this year but it would have cost us an arm and a leg so we decided against it.

I'n very tempted to try out the New Jersey Grand Prix, if it actually happens next year....
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

I was going to go to Silverstone but it's the same weekend as Glastonbury which is a bit of a bugger.

Going to do either Monza or Spa next year, not quite sure which one to pick yet though!
john.p.clegg
Bronze Member

Post by john.p.clegg »

Faye

You could give me some tips....

Finally decided that before I pop my clogs that I’d have to do a F1,well have booked to do Silverstone this year (29/30 June),and am on General Admission - Coach trip with overnight at a local hostelry…hopefully no traffic chaos in the car parks…what I need is info to make my weekend….any suggestions most welcome…best places to view from etc. etc. etc.

Thanks
John
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

john.p.clegg wrote:Faye

You could give me some tips....

Finally decided that before I pop my clogs that I’d have to do a F1,well have booked to do Silverstone this year (29/30 June),and am on General Admission - Coach trip with overnight at a local hostelry…hopefully no traffic chaos in the car parks…what I need is info to make my weekend….any suggestions most welcome…best places to view from etc. etc. etc.

Thanks
John
I know I'm not Faye, but I've been to Silverstone a few times for F1 and a few times for other events.
With the F1, all the general admission viewing areas will be packed (as you can imagine), so best to get to a spot early to get the best place. I usually go on the Luffield B or Woodcote A grandstand, you get a good view of the corners from there and you can turn your head enough to see down the straight. Never really been just general admission for the F1 but for smaller events it's not usually as busy so I go for a walk around to get various views, Becketts is a pretty good viewing place and each end of the small straight between Stowe and Vale is pretty good.
john.p.clegg
Bronze Member

Post by john.p.clegg »

Thanks

...other advice welcome..

John :wink: