Best tyre ? toyo proxs or yoko prada spec 2

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
tommycockles
New

Best tyre ? toyo proxs or yoko prada spec 2

Post by tommycockles »

Guys i could do with your valued opinion on which is the best tyre for my needs, need good grip and longevity of life...
Just invested in a set of TT comps for my 9n tdi sport, already have votex kit fitted, alloys en route so need to get tyres fitted.. then finally im to lower it and think im going to just do the springs eibach style -30mm as there are a berzillion effin speed bumps in my locality... im new to the polo breed but not to vw... cracking informative sight me thinks, any way im wafflin.. please just post your advice :)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

I haven't experienced the latter but use the Toyos myself, highly recommended.
tommycockles
New

Post by tommycockles »

appreciate the advice, just not heard of them before a few days ago but see a lot for sale whereas yokos have been around years, cheers
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Re: Best tyre ? toyo proxs or yoko prada spec 2

Post by Dub_Dan »

paradas wear like a B**CH! i did 6500 miles on a set and i had to swap the fronts to back after 4000 miles. they are better tire than the toyo if you only want them for short period of use...
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

I detest my Paradas - lethal in the wet. Both makes wear quickly though.
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

i have to disagree and say the yokahamas wear alot quicker my cousin had toyos on his gti and they lasted alot longer than mine did. and neither of us drove the cars hard. yokas are near enough a road legal track tyre.
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

you can check out the wear ratings of tyres online, that should give you a comparison.

the toyo proxies on my track car are so much better than the paradas in the wet. I've still got my rears as Paradas on the Polo after 15k. Can't wait to get rid of them. If I increase my speed around a wet constant radius corner, the back end gives way before it understeers. Absolutely awful and a very strange feeling.
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

i know what you mean mate because for me the paradas in the wet were very dangerous i just used to understeer everywhere...i thought the yokas were only good for 2000 miles and the grip noticeably went down. i would definately reccomend going with toyos mate.