6N Polo Subframe!! HELP!!!

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
Naz
Bronze Member

6N Polo Subframe!! HELP!!!

Post by Naz »

Hey all,

got a quick question for you guys-

i have a 1.4 cl 1998 6n- unfortunately i bottomed out on a bloody pot hole/draincover/ditch!

basically the right front tyre was in the dip in the road and the drain cover was next to it(sticking up from the road surface! ) this caught my subframe wishbone and its bent both! a pretty violent crash considering i was going 15 miles an hour!

anyway my question is are the subframes the same across the 8v range on the polos? ie is the one from the 1.4 the same as 1.6 1.0 etc..

does it matter if the car has power steering or not?

cheers!
RandonGUY
Bronze Member

Re: 6N Polo Subframe!! HELP!!!

Post by RandonGUY »

No idea, but report it to the council. Threaten them to take them to court, or demand all the money to pay for it to be fixed. It is their duty to repair local roads, after all...
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

RandonGUY wrote:No idea, but report it to the council. Threaten them to take them to court, or demand all the money to pay for it to be fixed. It is their duty to repair local roads, after all...
X2 for definite. Considering you were going way under the speed limit.
Naz
Bronze Member

Post by Naz »

Yeah your damn right im claiming- got some shots of the offending hole, drain cover, sunken tarmac etc- but she was very low anyway though on 15s
this is her a few weeks ago- ignore the rust patches! lol

Darby Vw polo
Bronze Member

Post by Darby Vw polo »

id wud definatly get the council to fix the hole and fix ur car ( car top priority ) keep nagging them calling them e-mailing them, if they say they will get back to you asap or not taking u serious. or like one of the guys saids take them to court.