*Coilovers* Top Mounts etc

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
crodgers
Bronze Member

*Coilovers* Top Mounts etc

Post by crodgers »

Finally the tyres are changed and i am just waiting on my JOM Coilovers to arrive. :D Cant wait to get them on. We are planning to fit them ourselves. Is there any dos and donts that would be recommended. My dad and bro and i are going to fit them up in our office. They should be here Monday/Tuesday Hopefully :D I have been reading the guide on here inside out and its a great help. As for experience, My dad has 2 1986 jag xjs V12s so he has built up lots of experience over the years. But generally just looking to see what yous thought of fitting coilovers yourselves and any pointers.

Thanks

Chris
Last edited by crodgers on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: Coilovers

Post by Tim_GTi »

What car do you have mate?
crodgers
Bronze Member

Re: Coilovers

Post by crodgers »

99 6n 1.4cl tim
crodgers
Bronze Member

Re: *Coilovers* Top Mounts

Post by crodgers »

I am going to replace the top mounts all round as i am fitting my coilovers. Any reccommendations?
Standard? Performance?
1999 1.4 6n. JOM Coilovers

Thanks

Chris
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: *Coilovers* Top Mounts etc

Post by Tim_GTi »

sorry for not replying the first time. tips: in my experience, the fronts are the hardest, so which ever way you work (hardest first, or last) just keep that in mind.

top mounts are top mounts, just get the standard ones.
crodgers
Bronze Member

Post by crodgers »

lol no prob Tim aint been on in a while so didnt realise.
Thanks mate, ive a guy phoning me in the morning to see about uprated mounts but i reckon il just go new standard. Just gathering up the tools and everything i need before i start as might as well do it right the first time. Just going to take the car off the road for a few days and leave it in the workshop. Never thought i would get to this stage as every time i got around to coilovers something else came up with the car.lol . But its all go now, they arrived on tuesday and im well pleased with them. Got them from Venoms Ebay site for £199.
Juan_Mk4
New

Post by Juan_Mk4 »

Hi There Mate. how do you find those coilovers (JOM) I've got them last week and fit them myself. they seem pretty sweet to me. although the top mount was too thick and i had to use the old one. did this happen to you too. ohh and i was left with a funny noise in the front. I believe it comes from the springs.

Cheers!!