Coilovers for a 6n2

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
dub6n2
Gold Member

Coilovers for a 6n2

Post by dub6n2 »

people I terribly need some really good help here. I am now seriously considering lowering the polo but my mind is still split between coilovers (non-expensive ones ) or lowering cup kits (springs and shocks). which do you reckon are the best when considering that I do not want the polo slammed and the roads here in Malta are worst than the surface of the moon!!!

here are some of the options I concluded on :

Supersport lowering kits (most probably the 60mm/60mm one...I think these are more comfortable than coilies): http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufact ... o%20Mk%205

Jom coilies (little septic about these because they are terribly cheap!! ) : http://www.veedubmachine.co.uk/index.ph ... cts_id=695

Jamex (did hear some bad things about these) : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 353wt_1016

raceland (looks identical to Jamex, but just an observation) : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 925wt_1165

anyone who has got one of these set ups would be great to leave some feedback

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP PLZZZZZZZZZ
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: Coilovers for a 6n2

Post by Tim_GTi »

Most of your links didn't work mate.

It's pretty easy to get lost with the amount of kits out there.

Best bet is, what's your budget? and how low do you want to go? Is it more of a style thing? Or do you want to really increase handling? Or a bit of both?
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

How come they aren't !!

so to give an idea I want a practical lowering (to remove the double decker look, polos are so high!!) nothing near sump scraping. I also need the most comfortable solution from the options stated here. I bet that cup kits would offer the most comfort ride, the 60mm/40mm one or maybe the 40/40. The roads where I live are horrible, I mean very horrible some of them so I don't want to break my back when driving :lol:
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

In that case I'd probably just go with a 60/60mm kit then. I certainly wouldn't go any higher as you won't notice the difference.

If you just want a moderate improvement 60/60 is good and will still be pretty comfortable. However it may start a bug, and you may want to go lower!
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

I saw some photos of cars on 60/40 and they set quite tight ( not slammed but a clean good lowering) and is it true that there are kits that allow the rear shocks to be adjusted with the aid of a clip or something like that, as it states in the description (2nd paragraph) of this Supersport set: http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_ ... Suspension

yeah I would like to go for the slammed look for sure, but it is definitely not an option for someone like me that uses the car as a daily driver, wants the best of comfort I can get and lives on the moon :evil:

I also thought about fitting lower suspension caps that will lower it about 10 to 15 more on the front?

what do you think about Supersport kits? :roll:
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

I'd imagine the adjustor is something the rear spring sits on, you then just wind it up or down, kind of like the adjustors on coilovers for the later models.

Can't comment on supersports kits sorry, I haven't heard any reviews on them.

Check out weitec and eibach though, they may do some decent kits.
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

yeah something like that...an adjustable spring seat

went for Supersport because they where one of the few that went down to 60/60 at a very good price
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

or do you think these are good enough. they are TA-Technics and go lower then the supersports and have the same rear adjust-ability.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sport-Fahrwerk-80 ... 007wt_1165

sry page in german!!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

I own TA Technix. For the money they're good. But they're quite bumpy and can be uncomfortable at times. I'm not one for cutting costs really, but in suspension case I did. I do regret it, but they do the job just fine.
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

yours are coilovers right? and actually when you say a suspension setup is bumpy it means that it takes bumps sharply (directly in your ass :lol: ) ??
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

dub6n2 wrote:yours are coilovers right? and actually when you say a suspension setup is bumpy it means that it takes bumps sharply (directly in your ass :lol: ) ??
Yeh coilovers. They just takes potholes badly.

You'll find yourself driving to avoid them (if you have nice wheels, you have to do that anyway)
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

hmm thats pretty bad cos I am after a comfortable ride cos here in Malta roads are mainly made of potholes, bumps and speed bumps!!! and I found other shocks to be quite expensive!!