ABS Light

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
Scream
New

ABS Light

Post by Scream »

Hi guys. Im having a problem with my 6n2 GTi. The ABS light is always on when im driving. When i start the car and it is stationary, the light stays off. However, as i move off it comes on. I have checked the problem on a VAG diagnostics machine and it is saying that it is the ABS Hydraulic Pump. I know for a fact that the previous owner replaced the pump and the module. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem? Please let me know if you have had this problem before, or if you know what the problem is and how to fix it.

Thanks
wheelmanwayne
Bronze Member

Re: ABS Light

Post by wheelmanwayne »

i have the same problem and im afraid unless you can rule out the pump by checking all the sensors then a replacement pump is needed

some owners have managed to fix there own pumps with abit of DIY, but im unsure of how long the fix will last and the exact process to fix it.

there is a diy guide somewhere on here but i cant seem to find it!
Jollus
Bronze Member

Re: ABS Light

Post by Jollus »

If its the V64 Hydraulic pump fault code its more than likely that the fuse for the pump is popping or has popped. If you check under the battery cover theres a compartment within the battery cover lid that contains these fuses and you will see straight away if one is burnt out. They only cost pennies from dealers but in some cases just replacing the fuse will cause it to pop again soon as theres somehting up with the pump. Better off getting a second hand pump! Whats your pumps part number? Ive got a spare reconditioned one which I bought for my car and was the wrong part number! let me know :)