coilover help?

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
I-Roo
Bronze Member

coilover help?

Post by I-Roo »

basically I have a 1.4 8v 6n2 SE and I have £230 to spend on lowering my car I can probably get the coilover fitted at my local garage for free maybe even a few pints since im very good mates with the owned if not I can get my master of a granddad to fit em... I was wondering what's the best I can get for handling/style of lowering considering I do live in the yorkshire dales the roads aren't to bad but some of the odd single lain ones have some god dman horrid dips in them :s

All help is very well appreciated as im only 17 and ive never bought coilovers before..

Also ill be using the stock 6n2 alloys the chunky ones :P

Roo
Sonic69
New

Re: coilover help?

Post by Sonic69 »

with coillies the only way is all the way down ;) and just take care with the bumps m8 :) if it doesnt suit you just wind em up a little until it feels right for u ? :)
I-Roo
Bronze Member

Post by I-Roo »

yeah thats what ive decided ;)

think im going to purchase the JOM ones people seem to be giving them a tasty review.
dub_scene9
New

Post by dub_scene9 »

not to jack your thread dude but i'm totaly new to the scene, i'm also looking to lower my car, i have a 3 door mk4 polo and im unsure what to go for, any good reveiws?
as im getting paid soon, any help would be much appreciated!
I-Roo
Bronze Member

Post by I-Roo »

i had the same problem and after speaking to a few people i decided to go with JOM ones as the other are all the same bit with different boxes (i belive somone said that) and the JOM ones are 170 off ebay at the moment :D