rollcage and bodywork

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
yatsy
New

rollcage and bodywork

Post by yatsy »

going to start making roll cages in the new year. 1 for my 6n 16v an 1 for my 9n3 gti. just wondered if any body has thought about getting one. i'v made them for mk1 and mk2 golfs and a few none vag cars before. will try and get some pics of my old work up, also opening my own bodyshop next year with my uncle if any body want any cheap work doing in the new year will post picks of my 6n and my syncro which we painted. can do ANYWORK bodywork big or small from feb next year.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: rollcage and bodywork

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Where are you based mate?
yatsy
New

Post by yatsy »

blackburn lancashire pal.
MrP
Silver Member

Post by MrP »

Will or can the rollcages be built to meet racing specifications? I'd be looking at a multipoint cage attached to the rear and front struts, is that something you can do? I don't want any of this show crap.

Also, what about arch rolling? Need some arch work in the next few months as my arches need sorting out due to a previous owners bodge.

And can you do chassis notching?
yatsy
New

Post by yatsy »

yes all of that will be possible and i will be putting the same style cage in my 6n early next year. just trying to get intrest as we only do it part time at the minute and are thinking of taking it up full time as i keep meeting people that say they can't find a decent body shop.
Plautos
New

Post by Plautos »

any news about the rollcage development?

I´m very interested in put one on my 9n3 GTI, I wan´t more handling... I´m trying to make the car oversteer.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Plautos wrote:any news about the rollcage development?

I´m very interested in put one on my 9n3 GTI, I wan´t more handling... I´m trying to make the car oversteer.
Easy lift of mid corner and put 40 psi in the rear tyres - can't see why you would want to have a car that oversteers - get RWD if you want that
Plautos
New

Post by Plautos »

in my situation 40 psi is not enough... I need less body roll.

and with a rwd you can´t do this...
https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=gPCGnkAp ... r_embedded