Anyone want to lower my Polo 6R please? Paid work..

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
Jakkogden
New

Anyone want to lower my Polo 6R please? Paid work..

Post by Jakkogden »

Hi all,

My first post as a user of the site however been on here browsing for a fair while.

I live in the Huddersfield area and would like my Polo 6R 1.2tsi SEL lowering. I have the Eibach springs so literally need a man (or lady) to do the job with access to a ramp. The springs are a 25mm front and 30mm drop back.

I can pay £120 for your time in cash. Please let me know!

Jakk
bstardchild

Re: Anyone want to lower my Polo 6R please? Paid work..

Post by bstardchild »

Jakkogden wrote:Hi all,

My first post as a user of the site however been on here browsing for a fair while.

I live in the Huddersfield area and would like my Polo 6R 1.2tsi SEL lowering. I have the Eibach springs so literally need a man (or lady) to do the job with access to a ramp. The springs are a 25mm front and 30mm drop back.

Jakk
Welcome to the forum

Don't take it the wrong way but for £120 you could buy a decent (ish) trolley jack, a pair of axle stands, socket set and pair of spring compressors if you shop around

DIY and then you have the tools for next time you want to do any work on the car

It's not a hard job and you certainly don't need a ramp

Not quite the same job but kinda covers the basics

DIY guide I did here for fitting coilovers http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 10&t=33186
Jakkogden
New

Post by Jakkogden »

bstardchild wrote:
Jakkogden wrote:Hi all,

Jakk
Welcome to the forum

Don't take it the wrong way but for £120 you could buy a decent (ish) trolley jack, a pair of axle stands, socket set and pair of spring compressors if you shop around

DIY and then you have the tools for next time you want to do any work on the car

It's not a hard job and you certainly don't need a ramp

Not quite the same job but kinda covers the basics

DIY guide I did here for fitting coilovers http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 10&t=33186
Hi,

Thank you for the DIY guide however I'm not a practical person in any sense of the word and I'd rather simply pay somebody to do it who's got experience. I'm not knocking people who do it themselves, however I'd rather not even attempt it or have the parts lying around for future cases. When it comes to cars I've a strong belief in anything mechanical being left to a mechanic or somebody who has done it before and has no trouble getting the job done.

As above, any takers? I can do weekends if that helps.
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Mate,

I'm in exactly the same situation as you. Desperate to lower mine, getting the springs is fine but everywhere i've tried to get them fitted want around £200! Slighty freaked out by your post, as I'm in the same position and I also have the same car and i'm not too far from Hudds ;) I've even contemplated getting friendly with one of the technicians at a local VW dealer and arrange for some out-of-hours work for cash in hand but don't know how i'd go about it!

Let me know how you get on mate!

AJ