Coilies waiting to go on...but...

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
lsr-photographic
New

Coilies waiting to go on...but...

Post by lsr-photographic »

I'm due a new set of suspension arms so getting these done at the same time as the coilovers go on; but I'm questioning whether to get new uprated bushes (suspension only, all round), as i've heard going low will just knacker the standard ones, plus the ones on the car have done over 100k now (assuming they were never changed from new?)

Interested to here peoples thoughts!

Cheers

Luke

(I kind of hope people say it's not too much of an issue as i'm looking at £200 + some labour for all the suspension bushes - powerflex ones :/ )
fonzooorooo
Bronze Member

Re: Coilies waiting to go on...but...

Post by fonzooorooo »

I changed all my bushes on my B4 passat when I put coilovers on... but that's got over 200K on, and they all looked dead!

at 100K, yours'll be original. I had a few poly bushes on my old mk2 'rocco, and they squeaked unless the atmosphere was damp. Every week in the summer I was out with the quid shop WD40 to shut their racket up!

After that, I've fitted standard rubber bushes every time! (febi if I can get them easily) It was only about £60 for febi top mounts, both arm bushes and bottom ball joints for our mk1. I did the ARB bushes too while it was in bits, which were about £3 each