Leaking in for a change.

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Leaking in for a change.

Post by benmkiv »

Any ideas guys had a lot of rain today and for once stuff is leaking in and not out. Came out of work to a sopping wet drivers footwell, ruled out heater matrix with it being on drivers side and still blowing warm. Managed to rule out sunroof drains due to there being, no sunroof.

Scuttle drains I think we're cleaned out very recently anyone heard of the door membranes leaking between the skins?
Looks fairly certain that the water is getting in from the door, anyone had this or have any IDEa how to fix?

Any help appreciated.
fonzooorooo
Bronze Member

Re: Leaking in for a change.

Post by fonzooorooo »

Membranes can cause issues - normally once the windows have been changed, and the glass geezer's massacred them with a Stanley! Only whipping the door card off will tell you. If it looks OK, it is OK.

Check the drain holes are clear in the door bottom. Though you'd need a LOT of water in the door before it poured in over the inner skin.

I usually find it's windscreen seal issues... Had that leaking on my old mk3 polo, my mk2 'rocco AND my B4 passat! "Tiger seal" is you friend!
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Leaking in for a change.

Post by benmkiv »

Much appreciated buddy! :) such a nightmare because I can't see where it's coming from! Where it starts it just seems to be in the footwell alone! :( there's no holes underneath :/ ill check the windscreen but that shouldn't be a problem I don't think and windows havnt been changed :( thanks for the advice though!
Bennytheball
New

Re: Leaking in for a change.

Post by Bennytheball »

Hi, any result on this? I have ythe same problem and can't work out where the wet is coming from.

Cheers,

Benny :)