9n3 H&R Lowering Springs

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
Lucaio
Bronze Member

9n3 H&R Lowering Springs

Post by Lucaio »

Yet another thread about lowering, sorry!

The time has come for my car to acquaint itself a little bit more with the ground.
I've decided to go down the springs route and getting myself a set of the H&R Springs for my standard shocks. Not going for coilovers just yet as I don't really want that much of a drop and if I decide to go lower I want some time to get the funds for a decent set, none of this budget crap.

Couple of questions:

1. My car is the 9n3 1.6 sport model which I believe runs the same suspension as the gti which is already 15mm lower than standard. I have two choices of springs first is for 1.2 and 1.4 models which is a drop of 35mm (Found Here) and the second is for the gti model (found here), my question is which ones do I go for? Am I right in saying if I get the 1.2/1.4 springs I will only get a 20mm drop and if I get the gti ones I will get the full 35mm?

2. I know when chucking coilovers on shorter drop links are required to avoid nasty noises and various other problems. Is this the same when lowering on springs, will I need the shorter drop links?

EDIT: Thought I may as well chuck another question in, currently running 205/40/17 tyres, should I look forward to any rubbing or other issues?
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Re: 9n3 H&R Lowering Springs

Post by Lucaio »

Anyone? :(