Rear Bump Stops

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Rear Bump Stops

Post by Lucaio »

Just fitted 35mm H&R springs onto my 9n3, and the back seems to be sitting a tiny bit higher than the fronts. I was looking around for a way to get the back a bit lower and have come across a few people saying to cut the rear bump stops. Is this a wise idea? How will it affect the car? And how much to trim off the bump stop?

Instead of cutting them could I just but some shorter ones? I've heard Powerflex do some, can anyone provide any links?
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Re: Rear Bump Stops

Post by Lucaio »

Jacked her up to have a look today and realised I had no idea of what I was doing.

I figured that this dirty orange thing was the bump stop:

But it seems to be attached to the plastic tube below it, so before I started butchering anything I was wondering if I was even doing the right thing??

Apologies for my complete noobness.
joe2612
Gold Member

Post by joe2612 »

Noooo don't touch that. It won't affect your ride height at all. What i think you referred to in your original post is people cutting thier topmount rubbers down (sits at the top of the shock between car body.
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

joe2612 wrote:Noooo don't touch that. It won't affect your ride height at all. What i think you referred to in your original post is people cutting thier topmount rubbers down (sits at the top of the shock between car body.
Good thing I haven't done anything then! :P

The rear sits a good inch higher and its bloody annoying.
andyc315
Bronze Member

Re: Re: Rear Bump Stops

Post by andyc315 »

Lucaio wrote:
joe2612 wrote:Noooo don't touch that. It won't affect your ride height at all. What i think you referred to in your original post is people cutting thier topmount rubbers down (sits at the top of the shock between car body.
Good thing I haven't done anything then! :P

The rear sits a good inch higher and its bloody annoying.
If it makes you feel better the front sits higher than the rear on mine haha

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2