9n Engine Cutting out (1.2 12v)

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
W4510
New

9n Engine Cutting out (1.2 12v)

Post by W4510 »

Basically I drove the car this morning and when overtaking the engine management light flashed and i lost power for a fraction of a second. The light just blinked, and i regained a normal amount of power to continue overtaking. After about 5 mins with no further interruptions, i pulled off the road and put up the bonnet. After about 30 seconds of being idle, the engine cut out.
It keeps doing this, about once every say 15 minutes of driving, I have noticed, but it seems completely at random. When i leave the car running at traffic lights, or just leave it running on the drive, it only sometimes decides to cut out. Other times its ran for half an hour and I've gone back and it hasnt cut out.
There are no other noises or visible signs of damage, and the car still has the same sort of power as before in all gears and all rev ranges. Just wondering what this could possibly be. Could it be a sensor problem, or with the air or fuel intake or something else? Please help I dont want to have to pay such a lot for the VW garage to hook it to the diagnostic machine!
Jorge
New

Re: 9n Engine Cutting out (1.2 12v)

Post by Jorge »

hi any more on this problem ?