Making performance exhasut louder

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
joe2612
Gold Member

Making performance exhasut louder

Post by joe2612 »

Hey guys hope you can help,

I recentley bought a long life custom cat back system of another polo gti owner, and well to be honest its just a liiiitttllleee bit too quiet for my liking :P , it doenst have a center silencer, does anyone know a clever way to make it louder, or a way to removing the baffles in the back box ( which is soaking up all the noise). or is it a case of angle grinding the case, removing the baffles and welding it back together....

Cheers
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Re: Making performance exhasut louder

Post by Torq-Al »

joe2612 wrote: it doenst have a center silencer, does anyone know a clever way to make it louder, or a way to removing the baffles in the back box ( which is soaking up all the noise). or is it a case of angle grinding the case, removing the baffles and welding it back together....
Why! :roll:

I'd sell the one you've got & find one that is more to your liking. If its got only one box, then removing the baffles will defo be a fast route to getting pulled by the rozzers on every outing, as would be OTT loud. Yours sounds more of a standard bore replacement, so....

Probs best to get a performance system that is more free flowing, as yours is not a big enough bore to sound deep enough, plus will release a little more power. Something like this system
joe2612
Gold Member

Re: Making performance exhasut louder

Post by joe2612 »

Good point there mate, i think it's because its packed full of baffles, and removing may be a complete arse. Looks like a case of selling up or swaping with someone who wants something quieter...