Engine Tuning & Remapping

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Re: Engine Tuning & Remapping

Post by CharlesK »

Ill check it all later, get to get off to college and then crunch time :shock: , but it's a 9n 1.4 Sport man

We decided last time I'd have to send you the ECU anyway
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Cool - sorry mate, I've had a lot of conversations with a lot of people over the last few months.

It's fine, once we have the ECU we can sort it out.

Cheers
Pipdub
New

Post by Pipdub »

Hi pal, I have an 05 polo pd130 & I have to say the post remap torque of 405NM scares me and my standard clutch a little. Any chance of maintaining bhp at 165ish but pinning torque back a little?
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Hi buddy, sorry for the late reply - I've been moving house most of Jan and some of Feb and had no internet till this week.

Yes of course we can detune it slightly if you feel it is too much.

Bear in mind our approach to tuning is quite responsible. When we tune a vehicle, we keep in mind the effect on not just the engine, but the drivetrain and chassis too. We're more interested in getting the best out of the engine, rather than the most if that makes sense.
KONK
New

Post by KONK »

Hello there, I have a vw polo 9N 1.4 16V 100BHP, and im thinking of getting it tuned by yourself via Mobile service.

How long will it take to do and what does it require?

Thanks,
Jonny
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

Jonny - You'll probably be the same as me when I get mine done, you'll have to post your ECU down to Elite because the mobile mapping units don't work on the old style ECU on the sports? Am I right Fahad?
KONK
New

Post by KONK »

Right i see, thats cool, suppose its cheaper too.

Thanks
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Guys,

If you can drop me an email and confirm your car details i.e. year, engine code (and bhp if poss) and that way I can verify with the engineers as to what is possible and most appropriate way to tune the car.

This is one of my ads so you can verify me on ebay if you need to.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT

Email me directly at premiertuning@eliteremaps.com

Cheers

Fahad
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Just a quick update folks, sorry I've been a bit quiet. Extremely busy these days but I am still around.

www.premiertuning.com is now fully launched ;)

All my contact details are on there, please feel free to get in touch if you are interested in an engine remap or just want some advice. Our partner companies dyno is due to be installed in the next few weeks in Leeds and I'll be happy to arrange some club dyno days later in the year.

If anyone from UK-Polo's wants to arrange a set rate for member cars for remaps, then by all means look me up.

Cheers

Fahad
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

Hey Fahad.
I know it's been a very long time since we last spoke.

FInially found the correct gearbox for my car, fitting it today. Hopefully you'll be hearing from me soon bud
Charles :)
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

No probs mate
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Guys,

I know it's not a Polo but may still interest some of you..

Early days yet (as we only got the test car earlier this week) but just wanted to share what will become our little test bed for the 1.8T platform

Plans include larger turbo, FMIC, injectors, custom exhaust and manifold.. and a few other things. Probably nothing you haven't seen done before (or maybe a few new things) but certainly we want to demonstrate our committment to this marque and to continue innovating (even when people think there's nothing left to do).

The test car is an absolutely mint 2000 year 150 1.8T (ARZ) with a warranted 63k miles. It really is barely run in. Car is completely stock, not even an aftermarket panel filter.

It's making near perfect figures on the stock run (calculated engine horsepower at around 153bhp with zero correction)

And then we tuned it ;)

I have to point it this is not one of our standard remaps and we are pushing the car really quite hard, but as it's not a customer car... we can take the gamble..

Again with zero correction, calculated engine HP at 217bhp and actual power on the rollers at almost 200bhp..

I'm quite excited at what's to come in the weeks ahead, and I'll try and keep you all posted.