Engine Tuning & Remapping

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
f6had
Bronze Member

Engine Tuning & Remapping

Post by f6had »

Guys,

I am an agent for Elite Remaps, have been a mobile tuner for them for some time now. I can cover any location in the UK, and we cover nearly every vehicle out there.

Of course our 6N2 has been remapped by us - the 75bhp 1.4 16v has gained around 8bhp and 12lb/ft, but also increased the rev limiter by 500rpm. It revs cleaner and faster and the throttle response is fantastic now, much sharper.

Just wanted to get that out there as I'm getting a lot of interest in private from people.

All our cars and prices are listed on the site, here are the VW's:

http://eliteremaps.com/remapping/Volksw ... 8&CatID=50

We have contracts with fleets for cars, buses and haulage vehicles - we've even been known to do tractors for farmers!

If you mention you're from the club, I'll always offer a discount.

Cheers

Fahad
premiertuning@eliteremaps.com
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: Engine Tuning & Remapping

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Should try and get a "group buy" thread put together, I expect that would generate a lot of interest.

On the website it claims a 15bhp gain for a 1.6 GTI re-map, do you have any dyno figures to back this up or is it just an estimate?

I would be interested in getting mine done but I'm going for Fast Road Cams so need a full custom map.
Be a few lads interested in the GTI section though.

Prices seem very reasonable too

Ben,
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Ben - yes I've done a few group remap sessions for the Accord guys (I run the Accord club and that's my own daily drive).

I'd be happy to do a group remap but a lot of cars you chaps drive are not remappable via the OBD port which means I wouldn't be able to do it there and then on the day.. Having said that I'm happy to offer a secure postal ECU service at £199 inc delivery of your ECU back to you. We always aim to turn the ECU around the same day so you're not without it for too long.

Regarding the Dyno tuning, our new dyno is on order and wil be installed at our Leeds premises in Mid October.

Dyno pricing is bespoke however and it really depends on what we are trying to achieve.

The published figures on our site are all dyno developed, but for standard road cars with no modifications - that's where the bulk of the business really is these days.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Very interesting stuff, I think re-mapping and chip tuning seem to be much more popular these days especially with rising fuel prices etc so I bet its pretty good business.

Some ECU tuning companies offer like a mobile mapping device which allows you to switch to certain maps as and when you feel like it, is this something you guys offer at the moment??? There's a company called More-BHP in lancashire which offer one of these devices, its similar to the bluefin chips but it allows you to programme several different maps so you can pick & choose which one you want for certain days. Very cool but pricey at the same time.

I dont think they are aimed at N/A or non turbo diesel engines but they seem like pretty cool piece of kit.

Its nice to know that figures on the site are actually dyno tested/approved figures rather than estimates.
I had a quote from Angel Tuning a while back which was just for a straight forward Map on my car, they offer the mobile service but that was like £350 which put me off a little.

Ben,
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Yes we can offer those solutions, but truthfully speaking if a remap is done right in the first place - you should never need to switch maps..

Our published figures are all Stage 1 remaps. A stage 1 Elite Remap is designed for optimum blend of power and economy, with emphasis on linear power curves.

We're less interested in getting the most power from an engine and it's often a debate I end up having with customers who just think of it as a numbers game.

We've stress tested cars in house to understand their safe achievable ceiling - some of our work has been outsourced and we work with the biggest in the business from across Europe to ensure we have covered every vehicle with a quality product.

We can tune vehicles over our published figures, but prefer not to without explicit instruction from the customer.

Pricewise our prices came down this year to a blanket £249 + VAT (excluding top end marques) to ensure we remain competitive in the marketplace, but they won't be going down any further now..

Feel free to get in touch for free impartial advice relating to any car. No obligations :)
RS_GT
Gold Member

Post by RS_GT »

wow this looks great, somthing im really going to have a look at in the near future. according to the table il gain 12hp (1.4 60hp) i need powerrrrr! lol
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Every HP counts ;)

Sure thing, feel free to get in touch when you are ready.
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

Can't wait to get my 9n done, going to have to wait on my old car selling first though.
Probably hear from me soon Fahad! :twisted:
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Hi Charles - no probs mate, you have my details and I'll honour the price I gave you of course.

Sending us the ECU is a great way for you to save some extra money ;) As long as you can do without the car for the couple of days it takes to send/receive it.
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

double post sorry mods
Last edited by f6had on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Guys, just a quick update.

I can now offer a full postal service for many ECU's starting at £99 return :)

Essentially if your ECU needs the chip to be desoldered and reprogrammed then the price is £150 return. Most Marelli ECU's as fitted to the 6N2 16v for example will fall into this category.

Any Bosch type ECU's (as per the PD engines) that can be bench flashed I can try and do for £99 return.

You will of course need to be able to remove and send me your ECU, and be prepared to do without your car for around 3 working days.

If in any doubt on my reputation, please see my ebay feedback. I've been in this game quite some time now, and our product is second to none. Postal remaps are a great way to save a lot of money over our mobile service as the cost savings by not coming out to the customer are passed straight down the line :)

This is me:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Audi-SEAT-Skod ... 43a4375295

Contact me on premiertuning@eliteremaps.com

You can of course verify your power figures at http://www.eliteremaps.com

Cheers

Fahad
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

Does this mean I can get mine done for a cheaper price Faha? :wink:

Dont worry, still planning to get mine done, my MOT is tomorrow, just need to find a gearbox for the car and then the remap is next :twisted:
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Yes mate it does.

Remind me what your car and year was please.
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

2002 Polo Sport (Petrol, 100hp)
f6had
Bronze Member

Post by f6had »

Charles, what's the engine code please?

Is that the 6N2 1.4 16v 100bhp or is it a 1.6 8v 100bhp?

Basically it could be a Bosch or Marelli ECU. In fact, if you can check which ECU you have or email me a picture of it then that would be the easiest.