Engine Management light

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
Weirdfish
New

Engine Management light

Post by Weirdfish »

Hi All,
First posting and not the best as I really need some help!
I bought a 51 reg 16v 100bhp Polo Friday before last. Paid £100 deposit and the dealer was left to do 60k service and MOT. All appeared o.k. and went to pick up the car on the following Friday. Got in car started the engine and on came the EPS Light and Check Engine light. Dealer was very apologetic and handed back my cash, held £100 deposit and said give him a couple of days to sort out. Went up on Wednesday and he had replaced the Cat, New Cam Belt, Tensioner and sensor, Cleaned throttle body. Jumped in car drove to the nearest garage, on came the Check Engine Light only. Back to dealer and start again. I have rung him today and despite having returned it to his workshop they are still struggling to get the light to stay out. He has offered to return my deposit as he is unsure if he can resolve the problem. We had agreed £2600, he now tells me that the car owes him £2650 but would let me have it for £2500 as seen. Any thoughts as I don't know what to do. By the way the car drives really well and I like it!!
Matt