exhaust mot failure

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
billyc1993
New

exhaust mot failure

Post by billyc1993 »

hiya guys!
ive recently bought a 6n2 off a mate from work that has no mot it failed on the exhaust tail pipe and front pipe, i have next to no knowledge on cars but bought it as a start to getting to know things lol i have managed to find the tail pipe fine but i cannot seem to find the front pipe at all i was wandering if anyone could give me a link or just a point in the right direction :-)

cheers :-)
benmkiv
Platinum Member

exhaust mot failure

Post by benmkiv »

Front pipe could be the bit that comes down from the manifold? Right at the front In the middle
billyc1993
New

Re: exhaust mot failure

Post by billyc1993 »

cheers mate do u no where i could find a replacement cus if not i have no chance of getting it on the road again lol
benmkiv
Platinum Member

exhaust mot failure

Post by benmkiv »

Just any motor parts place if you just want a standard, best thing to do would be get a full custom stainless system made worth every penny, you'll never have trouble again.
billyc1993
New

Post by billyc1993 »

ahh right i have just got back to my local apparent 'cheapest place' they quoted me 220 for the front pipe alone without fitting and everything, i was just wandering if there was any online places that would be cheaper lol
benmkiv
Platinum Member

exhaust mot failure

Post by benmkiv »

Yeah definitely. Venom Motor sport do good prices for full stainless systems. Problem is that stainless steel is very expensive but I can Gary tee that it is worth it.
billyc1993
New

Post by billyc1993 »

i was looking at that site and i found a exhaust system:
http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_ ... ry=exhaust
would this replace the front the front pipe aswell? and also more importantly can u pass a mot with it?
benmkiv
Platinum Member

exhaust mot failure

Post by benmkiv »

That's afull system so I believe so and mot should be fine only problem is Its mild steel rather than stainless. Life of maybe 2-3 yeara