Engine transplants

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
RJC
New

Engine transplants

Post by RJC »

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit an Audi TT engine into a mk4? I want some serious power for my car, so if there is a better solution, please let me know :twisted: :mrgreen:
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Yes it is...

Speak to JBS Auto Designs in Chesterfield on 01246 550 400
http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk

Be prepaired to spend around £4000 plus the cost of the engine!

It's not an easy job!

See their web site for details of their Polo G60... I suspect they will need to make the same subframe, driveshafts, exhaust system, downpipes, engine mounts etc etc... Plus with the 1.8T there is a LOT of rewiring to be done.

Not a quick or cheap modification!

Have Fun!
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

i have heard if the following transplants
1.8t
2.0 16v
12v vr6
24v vr6

with all these immence ammounst of wireing will be required
most of these engines (exept possibly the 1.8t) will create a VERY nose heavy car, this will cause terrible under stear. the upshot of this is, you may be able to beat anything off the mark but at the first corner you will be left watching their tail lights getting smaller and smaller.
I am not surprised that you want a bigger engine ( i run a 1.4 tuned to around 80-85 hp, 60hp original) and dont worry its normal, but the key to winning races (or in my case minimising loss) is: dont concentrate on creating kinetic energy on one plane, concentrate on changing the vectors of your current kinetic energy. this means , basically, rather than having a 4sec 0-60 try and tune the chassis and braking to the best you can, that way you dont need to slow down to 20 mph into a roundabout, then accelerate from 20, you can hold 40-50 mph instead meaning acceleration isnt a key factor. you WILL need to tune the chassis any way with a bigger engine, and more importantly the brakes, because as we have all seen power is nothing without control
whitie
New

Post by whitie »

im interested in the 1.8t as well,but also interested in wot u hav done to ur 1400 8v to get it to 85bhp?
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

well at the moment i have a custom exaust (see diy thread), k&n, reworked throttle butterfly and a powersystem
hopefully ill be on the rollers soon bt i dont know when soon is
yesterday i asked my dad to take y car out so i could hear it and so he could try the brakes (thought it was me being fanatic) and he was absolutly whipping a 306 turbo D. afterwards he said that its a lovly drive with loads of torque throughout the rev range (and hes the man after some of the cars hes had)
he currently drives a merc "a"class with the 170 CDI (1.7 16v diesel turbo) and he said that my polo is torquier and more fun to drive :D