engine swap 1.4 to 1.9

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

engine swap 1.4 to 1.9

Post by greypolo9n3 »

i have my 1.4 tdi for sale and was wondering if it doesnt sell, i 'll just got and spend another million quid on it

I was considered putting a 1.9tdi engine in it.....instead of buying one as its a very rare spec and dont really want to see it go to be honest

i was sourcing out some damaged skoda vrs' from what i can use as a donor car...

can anyone guide me...am i thinking right? or will i need to modify my chassis etc

will really appreciate any help
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Re: engine swap 1.4 to 1.9

Post by Ben90 »

Good idea going for a fabia pd130, you should find a decent one. The engines themselves are bulletproof and can handle biiig bhp, but be mindful of the turbo which is normally branded KKK (rather than the Garrett units used in VWs) and have a slight tendency of eating themselves.. It's luck of the draw.

I'm not trying to put you off a Fabia engine, it's just something to be aware of. While the engine is out it may be worth weighing up the option of putting an equivalent Garrett unit on it. Or finding another VAG pd130 with a Garrett fitted. It won't be cheap, but engine conversions never are. Let us know how you get on with your search!
greypolo9n3
Gold Member

Post by greypolo9n3 »

thanks. but would the engine and gearbox go straight in?

turbo isnt a big issue i can just source a better unit out for cheaps
mosh
New

Post by mosh »

I have a pd130 asz engine currently for sale! Inbox me..
If not I would be interested in knowing what's needed for a 6n2 conversion also?
greypolo9n3
Gold Member

Post by greypolo9n3 »

i just bought a 1.6 tdi 6R :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but my cousin had a 6n2 1.9 tdi conversion. The front end was extended by an inch to make room for the stuffs and engine mounting positions and other mounts have to be modified. Also along with the drivetrains , its expensive!