Help driving me mad CRB ?

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
macp
Getting There!

Help driving me mad CRB ?

Post by macp »

Polo 1.4 16v

This is driving me mad I would really appreciate some honest opinions no matter how bad.

So I notice my clutch is stiff to operate have tried spraying the cable with wd40 which does not seem to have made a difference.The gearchange seems fine except for the occasional crunch into reverse.The pedals all seem level with no sideways movement also no creaking or gravelly feeling from the clutch pedal.
When idling in neutral there is a rattle from the gearbox which goes when the clutch pedal is pressed down.

So please guys tell me do you think the clutch release bearing is buggered or could it be the input shaft bearing ?
macp
Getting There!

Re: Help driving me mad CRB ?

Post by macp »

So it would be intelligent to replace the clutch too whilst the box is out. I'm guessing at around £300 for the complete job fitted & supplied. The gearbox makes a noise like gravel being sifted its not loud and tends only to happen during acceleration & deceleration. Could this also be related ?

I promise guys I wont just gather up info and never come back I want to improve this car and become a regular contributor as I resolve problems and improve other things :)