Meguiars Deep Crystal 3 Steps

Detailing & Bodywork
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Meguiars Deep Crystal 3 Steps

Post by Tim_GTi »

Anyone used these products together? Or have an opinion on them?

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Stor ... ductId=300
CTR
New

Post by CTR »

They're not bad. For something you can pick up at halfrauds its ok. I don't think its really necessary for the Step 1. Get the Step 2 and 3 if you're going to get them. But to be honest, the wax is not the easiest to apply/remove to be honest, and if you get it on plastic trims, its a nightmare to get off.

I would recommend Megs NXT Spray Wax instead. Also consider Autoglym's Super Resin Polish. Both available at Halfrauds. :D
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

So skip step 1 and instead of 2 and 3 you'd go with AG Super Resin Polish and Megs NXT spray wax?

Because funnily enough I was considering these two products instead!
CTR
New

Post by CTR »

Tim_GTi wrote:So skip step 1 and instead of 2 and 3 you'd go with AG Super Resin Polish and Megs NXT spray wax?

Because funnily enough I was considering these two products instead!
Yep. As long as you clean your car properly with a decent shampoo regularly, theres no real need for step 1.

I still have all of the products above, but I find the AG SRP is a bit milder than the Step 2. I tend to use step 2 for removing swirl marks and blemishes in the lacquer and the AG for keeping the lacquer in top condition.

I don't think you'd be disappointed with the NXT and AG SRP. I use it on the missus silver polo, my silver type-r and my mate also uses it on his black type-r.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Cheers mate 8)
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

funny enough i did it today on mine, i used the nxt megs shampoo, water magnet to dry car and used all 3 of the stages its best to use them all, my car came up top trumps really happy with them, but ya bloodly arms hurt after lol :lol:
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

how long did the process take mate?

Still undecided abot whether to get it or not, is it good for removing swirls and sruface scratches?
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

well all in all i spent 3-3.5 hours on it gave it a good clean spend possibly 10mins on each wheel lol, id buy it mate, well worth it i want to learn how to clay it next but james is gonna teach me :D
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Cheers mate, check out youtube for tutorials on claying, its fairly straight forward. Yet to try it myself yet tho!
CTR
New

Post by CTR »

Mate, theres a chap on the type-r-owners.co.uk forum selling all 3 steps for £15 delivered. Says he's only used it only 1.5 times so they're 3/4 full?

You'll probably have to register though. He didn't leave contact details, but can PM him if you want.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showt ... hp?t=50598
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh it says I have to register, if you could give him a pm with my email address though that would be great!!!

I'll pm you my address now, cheers mate
:D
92 rocks
Bronze Member

Post by 92 rocks »

3 stage is bloody hard work, clay it first otherwise your efforts will be wasted.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh it is, they are all very hard to buff off compared to other stuff I have used, not as great results either.

Good for a starter pack though,