First time using Collinite 476S..... Not 56k friendly

Detailing & Bodywork
waveydavey
Sponsor

First time using Collinite 476S..... Not 56k friendly

Post by waveydavey »

Well just finished polishing and waxing one of the cars. It's the first time i've used the Collinite 476s wax after being a Swissol Onyx user for the last couple of years.

The Collinite is a little harder to buff of at times i found.... but i had applied tweo coats of polish and then two coats of the Collinite so it could just have been my strength starting to dwindle. :D

It also doesn't seem to have that perfect finish that the Swissol Onyx gives but i might pop a coat of the swissol on top of the lot to finish it off as i have a little left in the shed.

So seeing as i've washed both cars and then double polished & waxed mine i'm ready for a pint or two this evening. :D:D:D

Anyway some pics.....

My expert supervisor for the day..... :D

The results....

It's tiring work this supervisor lark!!!

And the other car washed & clean........ And very much ready for a full clay, wash, polish, wax session!!!

Cheers

Dave.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Very impressive, I've just purchased myself a tin also, was a little werey of whether it would give a decent finish on dark cars but yours seems to be living proof!

What did you use to apply and buff off with?
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

Tim_GTi wrote:Very impressive, I've just purchased myself a tin also, was a little werey of whether it would give a decent finish on dark cars but yours seems to be living proof!

What did you use to apply and buff off with?

I used a megs foam applicator pad and a microfibre polishing cloth to buff off..... Then went over with another microfibre polishing cloth to pick up any dust residue.

I forgot to mention in the original post it's got two coats of AutoGlym SRP then two coats of the collinite.

Cheers

Dave.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

waveydavey wrote:
I used a megs foam applicator pad and a microfibre polishing cloth to buff off..... Then went over with another microfibre polishing cloth to pick up any dust residue.
that's exactly what I'm planning on using.

What the AG SRP like? I've considered buying it before but never heard what it's like from anyone
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

Tim_GTi wrote:
waveydavey wrote:
that's exactly what I'm planning on using.

What the AG SRP like? I've considered buying it before but never heard what it's like from anyone

It's great stuff..... Gets rid of quite a few swirls but not all.... You can still defo tell the differance between a section you've done and a section you haven't though.....

The big thing about the Collinite is its durability..... People rave about the fact it'll stay on fort ages so hopefully they'll be proved right. :lol: If it does last i'll live with it not quite looking as good as the Swissol did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Dave.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh that's what I need, I hate using products that don't relaly look like they're doing alot, seem like a waste of time.

thanks for sharing, i'll see how this weekend goes with mine!
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

Tim_GTi wrote:Yeh that's what I need, I hate using products that don't relaly look like they're doing alot, seem like a waste of time.

thanks for sharing, i'll see how this weekend goes with mine!

Don't forget to post some pics of the results. :)

Cheers

Dave.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

WOW, spent 8 hours on my car on saturday, and really really impressed with the zymol wax cleaner and collinite 476,

I'll get some pics up soon 8)