srapy costs?

Detailing & Bodywork
yosin
Silver Member

srapy costs?

Post by yosin »

I know its probs easier to call up to the bodyshop but just wanted some prices from some people who may have had some bodywork done before or know some rough prices so that i know the bodyshop aint going to try get 1 over me >.<.

So just wondering anyone got rough idea on how much it will cost to sort out a light key scratch about 10cm long on the O/S back panel and the N/S wing where theres a lil scratch about 5cm long ?
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

A "chips away" kind of place charge about £70-£90 per panel, and a bodyshop is anywhere upwards of £150 per job, from experience. You might find a bodyshop does the best job and could even be sub £200 for both panels.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

If it's not too deep it could just machine polish out. Get friendly with a few people on various forums and someone will be willing to run one over it somewhere.
yosin
Silver Member

Post by yosin »

tim : hahaha talk about hidden agenda :lol:

yeah had chipsaway come last week and they told me £900 to sort it all out...the n/s scratch can be polished out though apparently and n/s wing would need to be touched up.. where as the offside back qrt needs spraying only on the area.

went to body shops im getting quoted £400.

And chipsaway claim to be cheaper then bodyshops ,... My bumcheeks to that :lol:
JPR_polo_gti
Silver Member

Post by JPR_polo_gti »

wtf? you can get a good full re-spray for cheaper than £900
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh that's quite an expensive quote mate
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

900! are you sure it's not 90?!

that's ridiculous, each panel they say cost about £80. yours is 2 panels I take it?
yosin
Silver Member

Post by yosin »

na mate definately £900...he was like ''erm this 1 is going to be bit expensive mate''...it needs 3 panels done...not any of the whole panel needs to be repsprayed..and bumped filled in and sprayed..

i got a quote from a body shop of £400 to sort it all out..which i still think is quite expensive if he is only going to just touch in the scratch on the n/s wing and back quarter.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

That guy is quoting like £300 per panel. that's ridiculous.

you should pay no more than £300 for the whole job mate. And that's resparying the panels completely.
yosin
Silver Member

Post by yosin »

yeah thats what i was thinking.. i got 1 quote from a guy to just do 1 panel for £300,,, and he started trying to lecture me about my coilovers and about being lowered...he was saying it doesnt improve anything...its just for show...etc etc..i was like :x lol
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

yosin wrote:yeah thats what i was thinking.. i got 1 quote from a guy to just do 1 panel for £300,,, and he started trying to lecture me about my coilovers and about being lowered...he was saying it doesnt improve anything...its just for show...etc etc..i was like :x lol
ha ah go somewhere else, what has it to do with him what you do to the car, that in it'self is saying keep away from him.

He may have quoted you huge cause he cant be arsed doing the job, go round a few body shops and not just one, and get various quotes and play them off.

But at end off day you pay for what you get!
JPR_polo_gti
Silver Member

Post by JPR_polo_gti »

jordan eff wrote:if you can get a a good respray for less than £900 then dont expect the look of it to last long, for a decent one your talking £1200 above and for full strip down repaire paint and rebuild your looking at £2000
depends who you know and are prepared to do some of the stripping down yourself :wink: