has anybody detailed their polo?

Detailing & Bodywork
anto
New

has anybody detailed their polo?

Post by anto »

i got a megs g220 this week and was wondering if anyone on here has used one to detail their polo and what combination of pad/polish worked best for them
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

I'm getting one soon. Best thing is to start as light as possible (So least abrasive pad and polish) and work you way up accordingly. Last thing you want to do is strip paint laquer off that's not necessary!!

Brfore touching the paint, and if you haven't already give this a read:

It's long, but contains everything you need to know

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=63859
anto
New

Post by anto »

seen that tim but was hoping someone had did theirs on here :) ,i'm gonna get a few scrap panels first to practise on
MGrove03
Bronze Member

Post by MGrove03 »

Been looking at the G220's on cleanyourcar.co.uk and dont know whether to go for the Sonus DAS kit or spend the extra £10 and get the Complete Sonus and Menzerna Kit?

Which is Better?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

MGrove03 wrote:Been looking at the G220's on cleanyourcar.co.uk and dont know whether to go for the Sonus DAS kit or spend the extra £10 and get the Complete Sonus and Menzerna Kit?

Which is Better?
Had a look on the site, and couldn't figure out how you can get both kits for £10 more? Your on about these kits yeh?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing ... d_414.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing ... d_415.html
MGrove03
Bronze Member

Post by MGrove03 »

Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

hhmm,,, the cheaper kit you get more pads. I don't know the advantages of each product to be honest though, I wouldn't have thought they would be alot in it. the cheaper kit you get an extra pad and free pack of 2 DAS Buffing Bonnets, so amybe go for that instead?
HookeR
New

Post by HookeR »

i done my bonnet the other week as a test and will be doing my whole car next week hopefully weather permitting,
megs #80 with megs 9006 finishing pad was actually enough to clear al lswirls but will need to use a 8006 pad with #83 polish to have a go at the RDS's (Random Deep Scratches) best thing to do is always start of at the lightest degree of cut possible (within reason, if the paint is really really bad then use common sense that you will need a stronger cut!) and work your way up until desired finish is reached!

Best bet is to do alot of research on detailing world before starting yourself, looking at what other people have done and use, also have a look on you tube for video tutorials to kinda give you a idea of what to do.

Thanks
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

HookeR wrote:i done my bonnet the other week as a test and will be doing my whole car next week hopefully weather permitting,
megs #80 with megs 9006 finishing pad was actually enough to clear al lswirls but will need to use a 8006 pad with #83 polish to have a go at the RDS's (Random Deep Scratches) best thing to do is always start of at the lightest degree of cut possible (within reason, if the paint is really really bad then use common sense that you will need a stronger cut!) and work your way up until desired finish is reached!

Best bet is to do alot of research on detailing world before starting yourself, looking at what other people have done and use, also have a look on you tube for video tutorials to kinda give you a idea of what to do.

Thanks
That's exactly what I've been doing the last 2 months!
HookeR
New

Post by HookeR »

good man, once youve looked at enough rite ups and videos and feel confident its really not that scarey to do! 8)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

HookeR wrote:good man, once youve looked at enough rite ups and videos and feel confident its really not that scarey to do! 8)
Yeh, I'm just waiting til christmas, when I get the kit 8)