reviving paint??

Detailing & Bodywork
sniblett15
Getting There!

reviving paint??

Post by sniblett15 »

well drove up to bolton :shock: to get me mrs new car on sat and its a beaut 8)
cupra r"!! ( words cannot describe how bitter i am :x )
anyway it needs a really good clean wax etc for winter and seeing as im not allowed to even sit in it i've offered to do it just so i can touch it :lol: .
thing is it seems as if certain panels have faded and was wondering if theres anything i can use get it looking half decent color match again?

cheers for your help

its canary yellow btw ( apparently the "canary" matters :roll: )
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

My combo of Klasse All In One polish, and Collinte 476s always brings up a spotless shine.

A solid way of getting rid of the fade would be to either buy or employ someone to run a machine polisher over it. A detail normally cost around £200 (same price as the kit), but this would completely rid of the fade, not just hide it.
sniblett15
Getting There!

Post by sniblett15 »

jordan eff wrote:sure its not ovni yellow, usual common colour for the cupra r

because there is no lacquer on the paint then obvious i good polish will bring it back up, but if there are panels that are still very shiney then they have all been damaged and painted with a solvent and lacquer so they wont fade
cheers , might be ovni i'll have a look at the logbook when she aint looking :lol:

dont suppose you know the code?

as for panels it seems like everything is faded except the add ons such as roof spoiler, roof rack things and even petrol cap! :? very strange
sniblett15
Getting There!

Post by sniblett15 »

Tim_GTi wrote:My combo of Klasse All In One polish, and Collinte 476s always brings up a spotless shine.

A solid way of getting rid of the fade would be to either buy or employ someone to run a machine polisher over it. A detail normally cost around £200 (same price as the kit), but this would completely rid of the fade, not just hide it.
may as well buy one then, i need one anyway, got foams and mops etc but need something with variable speed

bit off topic but Out of interest, i might see if i can get a tool in and put a couple of pads with it and see what kind of price it comes to (special discount for uk-polos obviously), what sort of specs would work? (d handle, foams etc)

cheers you two
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

sniblett15 wrote:
bit off topic but Out of interest, i might see if i can get a tool in and put a couple of pads with it and see what kind of price it comes to (special discount for uk-polos obviously), what sort of specs would work? (d handle, foams etc)
We talking Dual Action Polishers here?
sniblett15
Getting There!

Post by sniblett15 »

We talking Dual Action Polishers here?[/quote]

sorry been off for a bit and forgot bout this :roll:
yeah would be, i'll have a scout around and see what i can do

pads and stuff would be fine because we got a source for them already, its just getting a decent machine at a decent price :)

i'll base the search on the g220 specs and let you know when i get something interesting
sniblett15
Getting There!

Post by sniblett15 »

sniblett15 wrote:We talking Dual Action Polishers here?
sorry been off for a bit and forgot bout this :roll:
yeah would be, i'll have a scout around and see what i can do

pads and stuff would be fine because we got a source for them already, its just getting a decent machine at a decent price :)

i'll base the search on the g220 specs and let you know when i get something interesting[/quote]