Window Tinting

Detailing & Bodywork
MBlaze
Getting There!

Window Tinting

Post by MBlaze »

Heya,

Going to get my windows tinted on my 9n (back half) but i dont know what shade to go for.

Either midnight limo style or the 50% ones that are just bellow the limo.

If anyone has there polo tinted could i please see pictures to decide what looks best.

Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: Window Tinting

Post by Tim_GTi »

Mine's 35% on the rears IIRC. Fronts are standard.

I think Limo is wayy too dark IMO.
kingsleysaywell
Silver Member

Post by kingsleysaywell »

Can i ask what is the legal limit on the front windows?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

something around 25% tint? most VWs have pre-tinted glass, so any form of tint would tip it over the legal limit.
Joe_Mk5
Silver Member

Post by Joe_Mk5 »

i was thinking of getting tints also,
after visiting the guy in the shop he said he would tint the front - he said only slightly, 75%
my step dad had 50 back 75 front ( lighter front darker back - not sure if i got the number muddled up!

but he also said that he has tinted police cars on the front and even asked what theyd do if they saw tinted front windows and they said they have better things to worry about than little tints on the front
a few friends of mine also run tinted front and never been pulled because of it!

i think it may all depend on how strict the police are in your area to leeway on the fronts, so dont take my word for it!
id say have a word with your local tint man and see what goes on!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

you've got the figures mixed up, a 75% tint is darker than a 50%. unless your talking about percentage of vision.

it's definitely illegal to have tints on the front past a certain percentage, and yeh it's also definitely down to the police in the area.

fact is they do have the right to make you remove them and give you a fine. it comes under the same category as pressed plates; "do you think it's worth it..."