TT comps, polish?

Detailing & Bodywork
jef
New

TT comps, polish?

Post by jef »

hi ive just bought some TT comps machine polished, with no laquer, and ive noticed quite alot of people have these and was just wondering what stuff you use to polish them up and keep them protected. ive had a quick look round some products but all i can find is either things you can only use on laquered finishes, or unlaquered normal finishes, not mirror shine. . . i just want to get them on ! ! ! !

Vee-Dub-Rg
New

Re: TT comps, polish?

Post by Vee-Dub-Rg »

Autosol metal polish.
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

Yeah as above autosol or peek will do the trick.
Bepe
Platinum Member

Post by Bepe »

dont use the autosol with a gold stripe on the tube it will scratch them, thats for getting tough stuff off best using the one with i think its the silver or blue tube for the mirror finish. or another good product is belgom alu
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

Same as above really,as emma said too peek is very good as it's not as abrasive as autosol etc.

Brad
Dakota
New

Post by Dakota »

Yeah Autosol, although really good, will scratch, its best for things like exhausts. Autoglym super resin polish is also really good for polished metal, I used it on my mk2 golf chromed & polished engine bay all the time. You can also polish ure car with it..
I would`nt bother putting those comps on until March though mate. I had bare metal polished A8`s on my A4 and they need to be polished weekly, you have to really keep on top of them. If you did lacquer them you`d have more protection but the polished metal would be dulled and they would`nt look as nice