Vw polo red car, turning pink-ish

Detailing & Bodywork
Darby Vw polo
Bronze Member

Vw polo red car, turning pink-ish

Post by Darby Vw polo »

Hi guys and gals, got a 98 polo witch is a gloss red but unfortunatly it's starting to turn pink in some areas,
like on the drivers side wing, etc. The body work wasn't the best to star with and taken time u get in the
condition it is in now. I use zymol for washing it and it comes out in a great shine. Is their any products witch
would help restore the paint in anyway??? Iv just recently bought some autogylm paint restorer, but not used
it yet. :?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: Vw polo red car, turning pink-ish

Post by Tim_GTi »

Get into Machine Polishing mate, it would be the most cost and time effective way of getting rid of it for good.

Good guide for starters:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=63859
Darby Vw polo
Bronze Member

Post by Darby Vw polo »

That's a long long list of points and tips. What would you recomend to use
with polishers pads liquids?? Can any old idiot do this, or is if going to take
abit of skil?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

If you follow the steps in that guide then yes, it's idiot proof.

A kit like this would be adequate:

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_i ... 670751b5fd

On top of that you'd need tape:
http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/scotch-34 ... mmx50m.php

Possibly a more abrasive Polish too:
http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/poorboys- ... rasive.php

And some good lights!

I could go through dos and don'ts but realistcally if you really wanted to get into this kind of thing, you'd read the guide I gave you first thoroughly, it contains all the relevant info you need to get started.

Alternatively if you think this kind of thing is a bit expensive and time consuming for youself, there are alot of people around that would do your car for a few bob. (it wluld be well worth it).

Sign up to Detailingworld and ask if anyone is in your area that would be prepared to do it. Or if your in the South West region (South Wales, Bristol & Avon etc..) I'd do it for you 8)
Darby Vw polo
Bronze Member

Post by Darby Vw polo »

Cheers for that, I will ask around on here as well it's just a little bit dawnting for me to have a go at it,
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Darby Vw polo wrote:Cheers for that, I will ask around on here as well it's just a little bit dawnting for me to have a go at it,
Yeh it is a little bit, and it's not for everyone. But as I said, there's always somebody close by that would do it 8).
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

I would be very very careful using any machining on the pinking areas as that has more than likely got rid of the colour like sun bleached!

I would only use t-cut to restore the paint in a tiny area to see if it does come up but as its going already i wouldnt hope for much, hard to tell without pictures dude!

If u get some pictures up it would help loads!

depends on how far gone the paint is, u could be polishing all day and get no results regardless of what you use mate!

I work in a body shop working with paint/vehicles all day, we get customers asking all the time to bring up the colour again but sometimes its just to late!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

The car will have just turned pink over time from over exposure from the sun, because it won't have a clear coat. Skimming the coat down with a machine polisher will sort it right out. And after reading the guide I posted it'll explain about cutting as very little as possible so as to not risk taking off too much paint than necessary 8)
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

Sure, But pictures will resolve wether its worth spending money on cleaning stuff!

I can tell from pictures wether or not polishing will work!

I deal with these probloms alday as i am a painter, and if u dont know how to use machiune polishes and all that u can ruin ur car very quickly dude!

Get some pics up!
Darby Vw polo
Bronze Member

Post by Darby Vw polo »

Okay I will get some piks up asap
ToMo1992
New

Post by ToMo1992 »

Try autoglym ultra deep shine, should work :) alot less effort and less moneyyy!