Match Badgeing

Detailing & Bodywork
Silver Member

Match Badgeing

Post by 5509433 »

Hey, im fairly new to this, and i got my polo about 4 days ago! and so far i love it!!

I got a 2001 polo match.

Ive herd of different techniqes to remove the rear badges, but i would like to know the easiest way to take the side 'Match' Badges off. And also what is behind them?

I dont want to take them off and find the a indent for the badge on the body work!

Thanks

Lewis
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: Match Badgeing

Post by Tim_GTi »

Get a thin wire, fishing wire or a guitar string is perfect, and just cut the foam tape behind the badge til it comes off. There is no indent or holes behind the Match or Polo emblem. However there is one behind the VW emblem.
Silver Member

Post by 5509433 »

Thanks, does that refer to round black match badges on the side to?

Lewis
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

never done them before, but they won't have any holes or indents behind them either.
mwbpsx
Getting There!

Post by mwbpsx »

a hair dryer and dental floss is a lot safer to ur paint. warm up the badge and get in behind with the floss using a sawing action. residue can be removed with wd40 or non acetone nail polish remover
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

mwbpsx wrote:a hair dryer and dental floss is a lot safer to ur paint. warm up the badge and get in behind with the floss using a sawing action. residue can be removed with wd40 or non acetone nail polish remover
Best advice is the above but use metholated spirit to remove any of the black sticky tape that may be left if that doesn't get rid of it go to your nearest spray painter/ car body repair shop and ask for some gun wash this will remove the stuff no problem just dont let it get near any plastic. Once clear polish the area up as there will be no polish left on the area cleaned with gun wash. Also have a bucket of warm water to wash the gun wash off.
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

Autoglym bug & tar remover gets rid of the stickyness too.