paint removal

Detailing & Bodywork
jonny6n2
Getting There!

paint removal

Post by jonny6n2 »

i am looking to buy a set of alloys but they have been sparyed black with a spray can im just looking to find out if in would be able to remove this paint without damaging the actual alloy paint?
jonny6n2
Getting There!

Re: paint removal

Post by jonny6n2 »

anybody know if i can just use nitromorse?
Bepe
Platinum Member

Post by Bepe »

if you use nitromorse it will eat through all exsisting paint layers as it eats up to 8 layers i think, your best bet if it hasnt been laquerd or anything to use petrol or some sort of thinners as it isnt as harsh.
Dakota
New

Post by Dakota »

Using paint stripper can be very messy and time consuming, if you don`t clean it off properly afterwards it will effect the new paint. I would simply use something like 2000 grit wet N dry sandpaper to roughen up the surface, clean the wheels then dry them. Next primer them, leave to dry and now paint them whatever colour you want

If the wheels have any imperfections sand them out using a harsher grade of sand paper, the lower the number the rougher it is. If their pretty mint just give them a light going over as mentioned above, this is so that the primer has something to bite into
I`ve refurbed and painted at least three sets of alloys, I don`t usually bother with lacquer. I don`t like the finish
jonny6n2
Getting There!

Post by jonny6n2 »

cheers for the replay mate much appreciated