machine polishing, which polish??

Detailing & Bodywork
nick6n2
Getting There!

machine polishing, which polish??

Post by nick6n2 »

hi dubbers, i'v got a machine polisher for them now and again polishes when there's light scratches to remove and swirl marks which polish do any of you reccemend for machine polishing iv tried auto glym but it dont seem to be taking many light scratches out and i'v heard t cut can be to aggressive.

nick
chrisb
New

Re: machine polishing, which polish??

Post by chrisb »

Menzerna polish is meant to be good for vw because of the hard paint.Havent tried it myself yet but will be soon. seen some really good result with it and a machine polisher.
Have a look on clean your car, or Elite.
scotthomer6
New

Post by scotthomer6 »

Auto Glym is pants in my opinion. Im never happy with the finish every time i've used it (super resin polish) i thought maybe it was the way i was applying it or what i was using to buff it but NO it's just naff! Auto Glym car shampoo however i do like.

Last year i bought a whole kit with menzerna polish from CleanYourCar.co.uk and i couldn't ask for more! Mine comes with the 4 different compounds with a good variation of cut and gloss ratings and using it with a DA polisher gets great results!

I'd say go and buy it now you wont regret it! And make sure you get microfibre everything (drying towel and cloths) and a wool mit or equivalent otherwise your efforts will be ruined. Hope this helps!
nick6n2
Getting There!

Post by nick6n2 »

yeah great thanks for your replies guys, gonna try some menzerna i think after my holiday then.

nick
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

IMO Meguiars stuff is top quality stuff too but agree auto glym is absolute s**t
Godderz23
Platinum Member

Post by Godderz23 »

Dub_Dan wrote:IMO Meguiars stuff is top quality stuff too but agree auto glym is absolute ****
Disagree. All companys have good and not so good products to a certain extent.

AG super resin polish, fast glass, HD wax to name a few are great products.
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

those products are okay imo good for a quick fix ...