Polo 6N2 dash INTO 6N

Detailing & Bodywork
vRod
New

Polo 6N2 dash INTO 6N

Post by vRod »

Hi there,

At the moment i have a lot of spare time and i want to do some work on my 6n. I have found a kit which will convert my 6n dash into the newer 6n2. Some might say it's worth the time, others might say it's not but i'm gonna give it a go anyway. What is the list of items that i will need for this? The kit i have been offered contains the following things. Notice that this is translated from german into english through google translate (I'm danish):

Dashboard,
Inner life including Airb.,
-all air vents,
Light switch unit,
Speedometer panel,
Steering wheel complete.,
Airbag control unit
-div. Small parts, etc.

For me, it seems like this kit contains all the parts that i need to achieve this, but do i need something else too? The reason why I'm buying this from germany is that my car is LHD and probably 99% of all parts sold from the UK is RHD. I have been searching for some threads on this forum about it (and other forums aswell) and i'm still gathering as much as possible.

I hope that someone in here might have been doing this can could be of any help, provide pictures, or any tips or tricks. I will also make a full guide about how to do this so other people who might have this in interest will be able to do it too. This thread won't only help me but others aswell.

Right now i know that the dash itself will fit just fine but there needs to be changed a bit of wiring. The wiring is depending on which model you have (as far as i know). My ride is a 6N from 1998 (3-door) hatchback. I found a thread where a guy posted some of the dash wiring diagrams from both a 6n and 6n2: http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 01#p367924

If you can provide a detailed explanation about how to do this, it will be greatly appreciated!

- Chris