HELP! WARRANTY????

Detailing & Bodywork
candypolo12
New

HELP! WARRANTY????

Post by candypolo12 »

All my posts are urget I've noticed haha! This however is VERY serious in my eyes. Does anyone know what warranty you get or guarentee with the polo gti 9n3 07?? I have a candy white one and its my pride and joy I've known all the previous owners apart from one but they only owned it for 6k miles!! Ive noticed some paint bubbling well when i say some i mean a lot! I wash polish and wax the car regularly, tar is removed also, the car is immaculate and has always been kept immaculate! I just dont understand whats happened? Can anyone help with this so i can take it round to my local dealer bodyshop for them to look at?

Thank you!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: HELP! WARRANTY????

Post by alexperkins »

Itll have at least a 5 year paintwork warranty, though im pretty sure its 12 years on VW paint

Take it to your local VW dealership and ask them to assess the damage under the VW paint warranty.
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

Yes go to Vw and let them have a look
Dom.
Bronze Member

Post by Dom. »

The paint warranty is only 3 years and covers defects in the paint finish. The anti corrosion warranty is 12 years.

As said though, your best bet would be to speak to the dealer or Volkswagen UK head office. This bubbling is common on the Mk5 Golf too, commonly under the front wings. (Mine hasn't yet, touch wood).
I've read many posts by other Mk5 Golf owners saying how hit and miss the whole thing is dependant on which dealership you go to. Some having success with all costs coverd by Volkswagen, overs having 'good will gestures' covering roughly 70% of the costs.

One main factor is that they will only honour it aslong as it's original paint. They will use a electronic paint depth gauge which tells them if its factory paint or bodyshop paint.

Just be persistant as they will try to wriggle out of it.
Dom
candypolo12
New

Post by candypolo12 »

Sorry I haven't checked this for a few days but thank you all for commenting!! I'm going to take it into them to have a look hopefully they will just sort it for me! Just looks awful and seems to be getting worse!:(