New to the world of car cleaning and waxing

Detailing & Bodywork
sephiroth09
New

New to the world of car cleaning and waxing

Post by sephiroth09 »

hello

Well thanks to this amazing weather my car is dirty all the time even after paying 15 pound to the local car cleaning garage.Saturday i decided to "visit" my local halford for a bit of brawsing and that was a big mistake because there were way to many products and it was quite confusing.I would like to know what product should i buy and what i can skip.im not looking for perfection however im looking for a durable solution to keep the car looking great for a least 7 days.From my understanding i need to clean the car properly before waxing but i dont have a pressure washer and i have limited space(road parking).my idea is to go and pay 5 pound to get the car washed and dried then go home and use a good wax(poorboys or autogym) and then use some wheel sealant,im sure i missed something and that why i need your help.i want to keep it simple-wash/dry-polishing(dont have a clue about this process)-wax and wheel sealant(is that correct?).

what product should i buy(im looking poorboys for wax and wheel sealant and autoglym for interior not sure for polishing)?

what is the correct order for cleaning the car eg wash/dry-polishing-wax and wheel sealant?

Do i need to wax my car weekly? :roll:

for starters i want to keep it simple and later on try something more advanced 8) .

thanks
TehSniper
Bronze Member

Re: New to the world of car cleaning and waxing

Post by TehSniper »